Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the most depressing place you've ever been??

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Deano's Right Foot said:
The headline: Fulking Hell -- Fran heads off to London.

Sofia Bulgaria in 1992 was pretty depressing. Lots of burnt-out cars at the side of the road, regular power-cuts, little food in the shops and restaurants.

The food nonwithstanding. Bratislava was like that

Outside the apartment I was staying in it felt like a scene from a movie set in communist russia - old women pushing shopping trolleys full of cardboard for their fires, beggers, violence against romanies, etc

This was in 2003!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Parts of Managua, Nicaragua, probably.

This was actually the best house in the neighbourhood.
Managua1.jpg

Even makes Selhurst look good.

Still want to go back there though.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I thought about this for a few days and would like to nominate the not so fair town of Coatbridge. In my mercyfully brief visit it appeared to be where Belfast places its citizans who have given up bombing, looting and maiming, and been really naughty.

In the dead heart of this lies Albion Rovers, who did not appear to like Cowdenbeath fans too much, least of those mad enough to make a weekend trip from the Sussex coast.

When the flighting in the stand died down, this in an attendance of 350, we capped the day off by losing 4-1. (Suppose it was better than yesterday!)

Vicar :(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's next to Haggerston isn't it?

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
German Underground Hospital in Jersey, which is a museum but which smelt of death.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Spicy2 said:
German Underground Hospital in Jersey, which is a museum but which smelt of death.

I didn't see you there, did you visit the zoo while in Jersey?

dougdeep said:
It's next to Haggerston isn't it?

IT IS AND HAGGERSTON IS REALLY DEPRESSING BUT HACKNEY WICK IS REALLY THE PITS IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD. HOWEVER THE OLYMPICS MAY REALLY TURN THIS PART OF THE WORLD AROND.

IN THE SOUTH EAST I WOULD SAY EAST KENT PLUS LUTON.

NATIONALLY. SOME OF THE OLD PIT VILLAGES IN SOUTH YORKS SUCH AS GRIMETHORPE TAKES SOME BEATING. AND THE FIVE TOWNS IN WAKEFIELD DISTRICT ARE THE PITS (WELL THEY WOULD BE IF THATCHER HADN'T CLOSED THEM DOWN).

SOUTH WALES IS UP THERE!

LC

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
dougdeep said:
I didn't see you there, did you visit the zoo while in Jersey?

No I haven't been recently, Doug, it was ages ago now. Did you go this year then?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Spicy2 said:
No I haven't been recently, Doug, it was ages ago now. Did you go this year then?

1973, before you were born.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Slough (get out of our Royal county)
Rhyl (caravans, bungalows, mobile homes, and general overall depression everywhere)

St Anns/Radford/Meadows/Hyson Green/Forest Fields areas in Nottingham win it for me. Don't care how great the city centre is, living there for 3 years in the suburbs, it was one of the most bleak and poverty-stricken areas of the UK. Having been to many of these other places on here (I mean Watford and Croydon - come on, they both look like Reading which is fine!), Nottingham can be awful.

Alternatively, Higher Openshaw (Manchester), Bellshill (Lanarkshire - near Motherwell), and Birchill (Manchester) are all equally awful when I've been there.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Istanbul.

Preston is like the end of the world, gone wrong. Horrid, nasty place.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Yad Vashem in Jerusalem

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Went to Plymouth (on a non football trip) a couple of years ago. It was bitterly cold sleat in the air and the place looked like Crawley....lots of concrete. And the cafe in the bus station was called hobo's which says a lot.

Crawley

Teville Gate.....when will they knock it down?:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here