Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the GRIMEST town/city you've visited for Football?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You might find Stevenage makes a good bid at the weekend. It's like a cross between Milton Keynes and Luton, without the charm.

I played in a six-a-side tournament in Stevenage a few years ago and it looked like a particularly grim place. We got out straight away rather than find somewhere to drink locally and the more I hear about Stevenage, the more that strikes me as the right decision.

Not sure it's as bad as Luton though - one of the grimmest places to visit.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Apart from the pub,the honest lawyer, which is exellent, Scunthorpe's a bit of a dive.
Especially as you get to see a lot of it, the ground being about 3 miles from the station.

Hull anyone,another crapheap.

Lincoln, Scunthorpe and now Hull - you obviously don't like the local area then :laugh:

For what it's worth, Hull has changed a lot in recent years, it's a decent place now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Parkhead has to be the shittiest location of a football ground in Britain without doubt. You feele like you have become addicted to heroin just by walking through the area.

Oldham for England though.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
bermosndey............millwall

bletchley.....MK

selhurst:tosser:

East Ham.....WHU

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Barnsley is weird. Not particularly grim, just the most souless boring town I've ever been to, and that includes those fridge-mentals in Gillingham.

Rotherham is a true shitheap, as is Chesterfield and of course non-league Loo town.
I think Rotherham just about nicks it for me.

Raflad1984

Jul 14, 2009
RAF Brize Norton
Hereford and hull were pretty grim. Swansea and Rotherham also although i havent visited either of these since 1996 so will give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being at least

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here