Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the fastest you've driven on a UK road?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
155, in a mates Lotus V8, the trees go past really quickly at that speed..

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
got 115 out of my punto on the a27

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
About 105 on the M5 i think can't remember what car though

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
85mph in the UK, 220km/h in Ireland. More scared of the PSNI than the Gardai....

85m was on a motorway, seemed to be the going speed. 220k was on a deserted - and I literally mean deserted, I asked the toll booth operator who hadn't let anyone through in an hour - Irish M4 at 3am on a mid-week morning. There seriously was no risk to anyone but myself.

Danger of which there was quite a lot, the car felt like it was falling apart by 180. Not doing that again

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I did 103 (in a Peugeot 405 Diesel I'll have you know) near Bolney, racing a package down to Worthing from a driver who had broken down on the M23 at Copthorne. Fortunately there were no OB that day. Shortly afterwards, I was nicked doing 53 in Imberhorne Lane in East Grinstead. The Old Bill told me that if I had done 1 mph more I would have been banned. I think they did me a favour as I am much calmer on the roads now. However, as a cab driver you come under a fair bit of pressure from your controllers to hurry and it takes determination not to fall in to bad habits.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
REDLAND said:
155, in a mates Lotus V8, the trees go past really quickly at that speed..

Just beat me - indicated 150 two up on my YZF1000 at the end straight bit of the A3 - pompey end..
My wife's a wicked passenger..!

:thumbsup:
*For the boppers, the above statement is clearly a figment of my imagination*

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
About 130 kph;)officer

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
128mph in a Porsche that I won (for a week) on the A12

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Very, very quickly in an extremely modified vehicle. But I have also completed the Advanced Motoring Course, the Police Advanced Driving Course, and some other courses which make me ridiculously well qualified to be in a vehicle.

Oh yes, those who go fast in a "normal" vehicle (ie one that hasn't seen a mechanic every single week and been subject to a replacement by redundancy routine for all parts) stand a good chance of suffering massive mechanical malfunction rather than losing control.

Have fun......

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
samparish said:
I think I managed to get my Fiesta up to about 95-ish once.

fiestas are quality for speeding

i remember when mine hit 100 and it felt like it was going to EXPLODE

Crawley Cobbler

Mar 31, 2004
Crawley
105mph in a Fiesta (1.4 Zetec). 116mph (you just do watch the speedo when you're going that quick) in a Focus.

There was more in the locker, but not for me at night on the unlit section of the m23 thank you very much.

I didn't think I was that bad before, little did I know I had the fastest Fiesta in Sussex. ???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here