Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What's the earliest you've left a game?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
At home to Oxford in the FA cup in about 82. We were top flight and they were div 3 and 3-0 up at HT I think. Keith Cassells ripped us one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At home to Oxford in the FA cup in about 82. We were top flight and they were div 3 and 3-0 up at HT I think. Keith Cassells ripped us one.

Wasn’t he postman and only a part time footballer?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I very nearly left brackley at home to Harrogate about 18 months ago after three minutes. My 9 year old son had broken a finger the day before so arm in sling and we had one of my 7 year old daughters with us. It was a grim day with sleet in the air. We were behind one of the goals and an early shot fizzed wide. My son jumped out of the way and smacked his hand on someone else and the shot hit my daughter on the head and her hat came off. Both were in lots of pain and I was freezing. We very very nearly left at 3.03 with both kids in tears due to pain. What fun. Went for some chips and they calmed down.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I left after we went 2-0 down at home against chelsea two seasons ago when we got done 4-0.

I just wasnt in the mood to watch us get spanked that day.

I passed a friend walking back up falmer road when he was on the way down as he was running late.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Funny enough, at Southampton. 4-0 down, saints penalty given about 2 yards outside the box, Tanno sent off for insinuating cheating. I think that's the only time I've done it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funnily enough the same.

Still only 15 mins, but the referee gave a disgusting performance.

Similarly 15 mins to go at Westham 6-0 down under Poyet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Arrived at Upton Park late to find us 3-0 down, watched two minutes and saw us go 4-0 down, left Upton Park to go to the pub.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good point ... watch part at the stadium, then later the same game at home.

A44B1660-3B38-41DF-BCDA-9A00199C49B6.png

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Before HT when 3-0 down at home to Oxford. Either late 80s or early 90s.

Funnily enough, that was THE only game I’ve left early. It was April 91. A month later we were at Wembley. There was also a game away at Oxford in the 90s when we were so crap we turned our backs on it and watched a game in the park behind the ground.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Short of having some kind of family emergency, I can’t think of circs where I’d ever leave early.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
1. Whenever it was that our goal was disallowed By VAR v West Ham.
2. Half time, Villa home game this season.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
60 minutes a couple of years ago.

I can’t even remember who we were playing. It was a Carabao Cup game and we were winning easily. My partner’s dad had died the night before and she was out with family making arrangements. I knew she would be home before the game finished.

I shouldn’t have gone and felt an absolute shit from the moment I got inside the ground. To this day I don’t know why I stayed so long.

Some things are just more important than football

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
half time. we were losing binning down at Withdean so had enough. i cant remember what the game was.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Sometime in 2013, got so pissed I forgot I'd taken beta blockers that morning so took again, that was a frustrating and interesting walk home.

Last season left Wolves at home early to go see the Dresden Dolls in London.

Great stories

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here