Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What's the earliest you've left a game?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I very nearly left brackley at home to Harrogate about 18 months ago after three minutes. My 9 year old son had broken a finger the day before so arm in sling and we had one of my 7 year old daughters with us. It was a grim day with sleet in the air. We were behind one of the goals and an early shot fizzed wide. My son jumped out of the way and smacked his hand on someone else and the shot hit my daughter on the head and her hat came off. Both were in lots of pain and I was freezing. We very very nearly left at 3.03 with both kids in tears due to pain. What fun. Went for some chips and they calmed down.

Chips should be prescribed on the NHS.
*edit* That would be daft on second thoughts £9 for a bag of chips

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Away to Luton at Kenilworth Road some time in the 80s. We were 4-0 down, ended 5-0.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Very rarely, last season twice:
Fulham, away on about 80 mins, we had surrendered and I was soaked and cold.
City at home, again about 80 mins, couldn’t be ****ed with applauding those lottery winning mercenaries or our own side, most of which had stolen a living for the last 3 months.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When my kids were young, I left quite a few games on the hour mark, as one (or both) were clamouring to leave.

The earliest I've left on my own was after about 70 minutes against Leicester at Filbert St. I had the choice of two trains back ti Bradford: one left about 4.45 and would get me back in time for a night out (but I'd have to leave just after 4.20) or get a train about 9.00, getting me back after Bradford pubs had closed, By 4,20, we were 4,0 down ... I chose the former. c A

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Norway v England, that infamous match when their commentator said Maggie Thatcher your boys took a helluva beating.

Didn't actually see the game prior to KO Norwegian Police decided I needed time in the cooler

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Half time x 2

Home to Portsmouth, late 80’s?, 3-0 down

Home to Oldham? at Withdean, cold, dank horrible day, started raining. Went to have a sly smoke behind the portacabins, stewards would not stop hassling us so we buggered off to the pub.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Around 2001 losing 4-0 away at Brentford left with 15-20 minutes left. Pretty miserable, think the ref gave them two penalties in the first 5 minutes

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
When Palarse scored their fifth at Selhurst.

Half time at 3-0 down. Walking out turnstiles when 4th went in, just outside when 5th went in. No way was I sitting on a train with Palace fans giving it the large one all the way home. Not been back since - still too raw.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
In over 30 years I’ve only once left before the final whistle. We were at home to Champions elect Stoke City and it was the final game of the season. We were showing no passion or desire, which there’s no excuse for. I left when their 4th goal went in!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I can only remember one game where I left early and that was the FA Cup replay against Walton and Hersham in 1973.
I left at 0-3, and by the time I had walked to Hove Station it was 0-4.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Second season at the Amex we played Middlesbrough. Me and my two boys had had scrambled eggs for lunch. Littlest RS complained of feeling unwell during the first half and promptly brought up said scrambled eggs in the bog. We left at half time.

He has not eaten scrambled eggs since....

I did walk out during the first half of last season’s home match against Newcastle. That first half performance was one of many in the latter half of the season where we were abysmal. I’d had enough mid-way through the half and had to get out for a drink. I did return for the 2nd half.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Same as me...….still scarred from that fateful day!

Earliest would have to been maybe 25 years ago at the Goldstone. Had Cardiff and left before halftime. Think that game finished 5-2 or 5-3 but they raced to a 4-0 lead I seem to recall - awful viewing.

Remember that game well. It was during Brady’s first few months when we played some really good stuff to be fair.
We went 1-0 up through Paul McCarthy (RIP) before capitulating. We were 1-5 down in the 90th minute but Nogan scored twice in injury time to make it look a better/closer game than it was!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Top story. We should have another thread for recitations like these!

It was absolutely grim. 0-0 match vs a side that celebrated like they won the cup final. A few weeks later they beat us in the play off final and signed our star striker. First highlight in this video. I can’t believe it was late March - you can’t see the hat come off but it is obvious the ball hit something hard. It was my daughter’s head. . God it was horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g03sGKzhGw

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
West Ham after 12 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here