Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the best way to tell your parents your unsure

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
if you dont like a joke fair enough but dont start slagging people off who do post em..you know the saying ..if you carnt stand the heat get out the kitchen.. simple !!!!!!

Oooooooh, a philosopher to boot eh? Is there no end to your talents??! Bearing in mind I'm not - I repeat NOT - actually in the kitchen you speak of: I'll just do my usual thing & visit the various 'rooms' when the fancy takes me. Hope that suits? Ciao. :bigwave:

i saw 2 gays today by the pier...dirty buggers were making love between the groin

You really are an utter TOOL. I'm surprised you've got the internet up in Crawley - bearing in mind you all seem to be stuck firmly in the f***ing Stone Age up there. Same applies to your 'jokes' too. Sake.

Maybe you should check his spelling of "groyne", instead of wading in on every apparently homophobic post (as usual). A weak joke, yes, probably in poor taste, but not necessarily vindictive.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Your parents may be a tad dissapointed that your gay - but hey you coul;d have been a palace fan !

(oh you are one, on a wind-up)

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Maybe you should check his spelling of "groyne", instead of wading in on every apparently homophobic post (as usual). A weak joke, yes, probably in poor taste, but not necessarily vindictive

It wasn't the 'joke' really, just the context of it with regard to the original post. Anyway, if I think something's out of order I often have something to say about it (whether it's on here or elsewhere). To say I go wading in on every apparently homophobic post (as usual) seems a bit rubbish to me. Anyway, so what if I do/did? Better to do that than to silently condone it. Hey-ho.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Unsure? You don't sound very unsure if you have fancied men for five years (or forever). I have no experience in this matter, but I imagine it would be a massive relief to get this off your chest. You never know, your parents may surprise you. Without knowing any details, I am positive that they will be supportive, after the initial shock. They may already know and are waiting for you to tell them.

My ex-flatmates brother is gay. His parents pretty much knew all along, but didn't have the heart to ask him. Go for it.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I knew this thread would be a runner

Probably because of all the latents on here :wave:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Honestly! Who posted this friggin' thread in the first place?? Sort it out! :dunce:

* Edit: Beaten to it (so to speak) by a brutal haymaker from Hiney*

Last edited:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
C'mon

This is a thread based in BRIGHTON!!!

You can now only comment on it if you are gay...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not to sure about the best way to tell my parents that i fancy men and have done for the last 5 years. i have considered taking them out for dinner and doing it then but cant find the courage and confindence to do so.

I think they will probably already know. The Judy Garland nights when you dressed up for them and sung................ and how you sang.... will have aroused their suspicions. That and the body building books under the bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here