Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best footwear for these icy pavements?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Have a look at the back of the wardrobe for a pair of these
images

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
My Dr. Martens have been superb in this weather, not a single slippage from them yet.

It's not about footwear, it's about posture.

Take shorter steps, keep your body upright (shoulders back, no slouching) and always keep both feet as close as possible to just below your centre of gravity.

Choose your footwear for warmth. Ribbed soles are sensible, but you will lose the benefit if you don't walk flat-footed.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Ice skates, seriously, I tried to walk down the shop earlier and ended up having to walk in the road because you literally cannot walk on them and several people who attempted to walk on the pavements fell to a grizzly death.

Nov 7, 2009
I used my golf shoes (they have metal spikes) this morning to fetch my papers and milk and din't have one problem with the conditions :clap2:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
office work shoes are NOT the best,i walked straight out of london road station last night,took about 4 steps and then went flying...i mean normally you can just stay up,put the hands in surfing motion and look cool...i didnt.i went about 2 feet up in the air and just slammed down onto the surface...ouch.glad im young and the hip is ok......there were laughs on the other side of road which i was not appreciating......probably some muppet off here:laugh:

D

Deleted User X18H

office work shoes are NOT the best,i walked straight out of london road station last night,took about 4 steps and then went flying...i mean normally you can just stay up,put the hands in surfing motion and look cool...i didnt.i went about 2 feet up in the air and just slammed down onto the surface...ouch.glad im young and the hip is ok......there were laughs on the other side of road which i was not appreciating......probably some muppet off here:laugh:

:lolol::lolol::lolol::thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Ice skates, seriously, I tried to walk down the shop earlier and ended up having to walk in the road.

Yep I just walked down the town using the roads, but I got run over and maimed for life.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nothing grips on ice, unless it has spikes.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I wore my football boots to work on Friday... but it was more snow, than ice, on Monday morning. I don't think they would have worked too well on ice.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The pavements in Preston Park are totally unwalkable-on this morning. Every single pedestrian is walking down the road. Bit of grit would have been nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here