Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best footwear for these icy pavements?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Three days and no buses in Lower Bev. It was ok swinging a day off on Friday but will it wash again tomorrow, more than 3 days since snow fell?

Bus routes not gritted up here.

portslade isn't much better...the road outside mine might as well be halfway up Ben Nevis because it is sheet ice and the pavements are like a bowling alley one foot out of place and its arse over...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I can confirm walking boots do not suffice after falling over down Caxton Way off South Road roundabout:down:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
You'll be ok until after August and that's because Pride always goes before a fall!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've accepted that I am going to fall over at some point and am just hoping when I do it doesn't hurt too much!

Make sure you are wearing gloves and knee-pads when you go out. :thumbsup:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I can confirm walking boots do not suffice after falling over down Caxton Way off South Road roundabout:down:

The people who have parked in the layby at the end of that road are brave! I was going about 5mph last night and skidded when I trid to stop and you just know some of th idiots that drive round there will be going to fast!

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8

I know, I just wanted an excuse to look at those gorgeous Fracap boots again, I'm such a sad old clothes whore

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
My only experience of Southwick has ever been the late lamented Glastonwick Beer Festival, which used to be held in the Summer.

Glastonwick is still well and alive, it's just moved a few miles up the road.

Google is your friend, it will be back June 2010

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
a Vintage pair of Frank Wright loafers did the trick for me on Friday night

proper ones like these, not the clompy chav shyte made in the last 10 years or so.

Madness.jpg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A friend of mine fell over on the way to work (the road that comes down the side of Btn Station) on Saturday and broke his hip, they had to get a fire engine to come and get rid of the ice because the ambulance guys couldn't even walk let alone push a trolley with a man on it.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Just curl your toes slightly in your footwear... easiest way to walk on ice! :thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
sports-imports_2085_41014302

These will work better, without killing anyone. If you order a pair now the ice will melt in the time it takes for them to be delivered. Sorted for everyone.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
a Vintage pair of Frank Wright loafers did the trick for me on Friday night

proper ones like these, not the clompy chav shyte made in the last 10 years or so.

Madness.jpg

I always preferred the Patricks on El Thommo at the back

Shit! There I go again :safeway:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here