Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the best albion moment you have had ?

Vegita

Jun 25, 2009
Don't remind me. I'm mad enough to hurt somebody and pounding you just might be the therapy I need.

D

Deleted User X18H

Nothing!!! No other Albion goal ever (not even Reinelts) will ever compare with the way I celebrated Gordon Smiths goal at 3.13 on the 21st May 1983 the exhilaration of that moment will live with me forever!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
What colour shirt were they wearing that day ?

Green

probably the Virgo Swindon moment to be fair , but the gypo scum from shithursts faces were priceless a few years ago

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Best for me was beating Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup Semi-Final.
Likewise. A beautiful sunny day, 20,000 Albion fans in the old clock end at the iconic art deco Highbury, Jimmy Case's thunderbolt and then getting through to Wembley. It doesn't get much better than that.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Zamora's winner away to Peterborough. A terrace RAMMED with Albion fans, the fact Booby was meant to be not playing, the buzz that went round when we heard he was, the disappointment of his missed pen and then the uncontainable JOY when he notched a cracker.

I remember an old guy grabbing me and fighting back the tears he shouted 'Enjoy this son, it don't get any better' before the surge from the fans moved him about 50 foot to the right.

Just seemed like the frustrations at years of being rubbish and homeless all came flowing out that day.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Other than the obvious one’s already mentioned.

My moment of joy was The Gary Nelson goal away at Brentford in the FA Cup around 1987.
He beat most of their team and chipped the goalkeeper. It was one of those must get on the pitch moments.

Never seen a better goal scored in the flesh.

smalldino

Feb 25, 2009
Littlehampton
seeing Perry Digweed save a Chris kiwomya penalty:clap2: and then Wendys freekick in 91 to get into the playoffs:clap2:. The 4-1 hammering of millwall in the playoffs just a shame we lost in the final:albion2:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
may sound odd, but colchester away last season, took 6yr old son and my better half to first away game - biggest bonus being it was the start of our great escape:albion2:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Zamora's winner away to Peterborough. A terrace RAMMED with Albion fans, the fact Booby was meant to be not playing, the buzz that went round when we heard he was, the disappointment of his missed pen and then the uncontainable JOY when he notched a cracker.

I remember an old guy grabbing me and fighting back the tears he shouted 'Enjoy this son, it don't get any better' before the surge from the fans moved him about 50 foot to the right.

Just seemed like the frustrations at years of being rubbish and homeless all came flowing out that day.

I can understand that. It is one of my favourites - including a photo of my son (then about 13) standing on our shoulders at the end of the game. He couldn't bear to watch the last 20 minutes it was so tense. It was the game I knew that "got" sport and was the Albions for life.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Was that the game where OGH broke his leg?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Other than the obvious one’s already mentioned.

My moment of joy was The Gary Nelson goal away at Brentford in the FA Cup around 1987.
He beat most of their team and chipped the goalkeeper. It was one of those must get on the pitch moments.

Never seen a better goal scored in the flesh.

He never chipped him, he ferking lashed it in the top corner!.Best goal i have ever seen.

Croc rock

it's strange how people view events differently .
I'd put this down as one of my worst experiences .
Getting stuffed 4-0 at home , the arsenal boys taking over the north-west corner .
To me , that day was the dawning realisation that we'd come just about as far as we could .
Signaling the begining of the end of a truly fantastic era which started back in 1975 .

Best albion moment for me would be my 1st away match .
F.a cup , 1st rd against watford , nov '75 .
Massive travelling support , the club put on three special trains ( 1,000 fans on each one) .
But like thousands of others , me & 3 schoolmates made our own way there to watch the albion
tear 'em apart in an emphatic 3-0 win .

that was a good one fred binney! Elton driving up the side of the ground in his roller,ah memories

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here