Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the best albion moment you have had ?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Best moments that stick in my mind.......Dean wilkins free kick against Ipswich to get us in play offs 91, Reinelts goal against hereford 97, Cullips header against Chesterfield to win league 2, Virgo header agaisnt swindon.....was on running track then on way out as it went in!!!!! :ascarf:

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
millwall away few years ago when chippy got sent off early on and then in the last few mins of the game coxy free kick turned into his own net by one of there players. a true classic for me :clap2:

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Watching Phil Neal miss his penalty against us at Anfield in the cup in February 1983. There was so many Brighton packed in the away end everybody had to jump up and down as one body!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
1. Peter Ward scoring against the then mighty Derby County in the League Cup in front of 32,000+ & the North Stand was going mental. I think that was around 77.

2. Jimmy Case cracking that free kick in the cup semi.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Probably the FA Cup Semi Final in 1983. However I was too young to properly appreciate it, so since then when Robbie scored and full time at Hereford, together with the play off final at Cardiff would rate highly.

Man City was also fantastic though as it was a special moment to share with my son which hasn't happened much in his years of supporting the Albion.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Jimmy Melia leading my team out on a wet Saturday afternoon in north London in May 1983.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Newcastle 1979,semi-final v Shef.Wed. at Highbury in 1983,Millenium Stadium play off final in 2004,and so many brilliant Wardy performances during the 'Glory Years'.:thumbsup::clap:

Stumpy Tim

Dean Wilkins free-kick against Ipswich stands-out, though both legs of the Millwall semi were cracking. I remember a 4-3 home defeat the following season to Millwall which was excellent entertainment too.

There have been some moments that should have been magic at Withdean, but the "stadium" ruins it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Rather than pick 1 moment i'm just going to say the 1976/77 season, There was so many great things happen that season ( and some not so great thank you ron challis ) it's hard to pick one of them out as my best.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hearing that the £93 Million funding had been agreed so our new Stadium could go ahead as planned-closely followed by later news that Phallarse were in such financial difficulties that their fans would actually welcome Ron Noades back.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
:bowdown: your not there yet swindon fans.... :dance:

although seeing The offside flag go up in 2nd half injury time when palace thought they had equalized was special :clap2:

Last edited:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
FA Cup Semi Final v Sheffield Wednesday at Highbury
You really had to be there.
:albion2:

Beating Spurs 1 - 0 at White Hart Lane
I went up with 2 plastic Spurs fans from work, very quiet drive home!
:laugh:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I can't beleive after nearly two pages, I am only the second one to say it.

Simples.

Herefore 1997.

If we get to the Chamipons League final and win it, that day in Herefore will also go down for me as the greatest Albion moment ever. No other club will ever have a game with so much on it. Draw you stay up, lose and in all probability your club will fold.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Watching Phil Neal miss his penalty against us at Anfield in the cup in February 1983. There was so many Brighton packed in the away end everybody had to jump up and down as one body!

Oh yeh I forgot that - I hated Phil Neal - it was his birthday too, and they made him captain for the day as a birfday present :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here