Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the best albion moment you have had ?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Down at Plymouth - for the promotion party.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Albion v Arsenal - first Div 1 fixture in 1979. The anticipation in the crowd before the match was something I've never experienced again since.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Albion v Arsenal - first Div 1 fixture in 1979. The anticipation in the crowd before the match was something I've never experienced again since.

It's strange how people view events differently .
I'd put this down as one of my worst experiences .
Getting stuffed 4-0 at home , the Arsenal boys taking over the north-west corner .
To me , that day was the dawning realisation that we'd come just about as far as we could .
Signaling the begining of the end of a truly fantastic era which started back in 1975 .

Best Albion moment for me would be my 1st away match .
F.A Cup , 1st Rd against Watford , Nov '75 .
Massive travelling support , the club put on THREE special trains ( 1,000 fans on each one) .
But like thousands of others , me & 3 schoolmates made our own way there to watch the Albion
tear 'em apart in an emphatic 3-0 win .

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best for me was beating Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup Semi-Final.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Toss up between Newcastle away in 1979 when we got promotion to the top division, or the FA Cup semi-final at Highbury in 1983. Probably the semi-final simply for the celebrations in Brighton afterwards, but it's too close to call.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just loved the Millwall 4-1 in the play offs.The way that game swung from looking down and out approaching half time ,to virtually being at Wembley was immense.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Mines probably cardiff 2004

whats yours
Chanting Jiiimmy Jiiimmy standing on the Clock terrace at Highbury and then watching him bend that free kick in off the underside of the bar in the FA Cup semi final - none finer!

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
My first away game watching the Albion at Hereford-after 1 minute a new hero was born-Wardy and it was on Match of the Day as the main match with John Motson commentating.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gary Stevens equaliser late in the game in the 1st Wembley final was the most exciting but the final whistle at Hereford was my best ever moment as an Albion fan.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
For me the best moment, was the Adam Virgo equaliser against Swindon in the play-off semi-final. I thought we'd blown it and was on the running track, watching one last attack before I slouched off home. When the ball hit hit the net the euphoria of that moment is indescribable.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
The final whistle at Hereford in 97.
Brighton playing in the FA Cup final - that's my team getting six hours build-up on TV.
Winning at Plymouth to seal promotion after a desperate few years - one reason why I will always refuse to ridicule Micky Adams.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Bristol Rovers at home on the last day of the 87/88 season, a long and glorious season with a great cup run and promotion confirmed with victory in the final game in front of a packed Goldstone...doesn't get much better than that!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Sheffield Wednesday in the semi-final at Highbury. The journey home was just fantastic

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Beating Bristol Rovers to get promoted in '87, beating our London friends on their 'manor', and the Millenium experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here