Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do differently then?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The Hippo is without doubt the hardest creature on the planet so can we return to all things Albion:thumbsup:

Its almost deja vu on this board, 12 months on, relegation fight, calls for the managers head, and some things on here are almost negative beyond belief.

So with the advent of football manager games on pc and games consoles, we all seem to think we are a potential Fergie or Cloughie.

So re the Albion what would you do if you were Gus Poyet?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
First tell Carole to go and do one.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Ian,if i was Gus then i would ask for the fans to be patient and stick with him.
We cannot keep chopping and changing managers,he will get it right,keep the faith.

Quite right. Its ludicrous that you even feel the need to write such a message here.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'd get a Hippo in on loan to add some bite & physical presence in the middle of the park. Oh, & I'd replace our dissenting Meerkat with a hungry Honey Badger (assuming we could sort the work permit, like).

Job's a good 'un. :thumbsup:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Ian,if i was Gus then i would ask for the fans to be patient and stick with him.
We cannot keep chopping and changing managers,he will get it right,keep the faith.

Not at all Clarkey.

I can't believe that I get back from football and there is so much negatvity expressed on here.

As I understand it you get relegated when you cannot better the points and goal difference total of the team 5th from bottom, not on the second weekend in Feb.

I make no secret of the fact that I was a Micky Adams man, people on this board seem to be beating, unfairly in my opinion, Gus Poyet with the same stick.

I said on the same weekend last year, we wouldn't go down, and we didn't and I think the same 52 weeks on.

And as Poyet said on Thursday night at Burgess Hill if we do go down he won't hide and will take all the blame, will the same be said for the others?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
People saying Poyet out are not on a wind up. He's shit and has always been clueless. What strides has he made into the team? He's done f*** all, we're even worse off than we were when Slade was sacked. Bloom wont sack him, but he should never have made him manager

Secondly if i were GUS, i would want this blokes address so i could knock on his door and have a little word.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
And as Poyet said on Thursday night at Burgess Hill if we do go down he won't hide and will take all the blame, will the same be said for the others?

I hope you paid to get in.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
its a good question and to be honest im not sure theres much else poyet can be doing that he isnt already,on the pitch the players are starting to respond to his way of thinking. Look at the results against huddersfield away and norwich, 11 goals conceded no points,the same 2 fixtures at home 2 goals conceded 1 point,to me thats a massive improvement in a short space of time,everybody is gutted we did not take at least a point off norwich yesterday but Norwich are a quality side destined for the championship and we ran them close. If i was poyet the only thing i would do to change the current situation would to sort the forster thing out,either get rid or offer the guy a deserved contract,he is far to good a player at this level to be paying yet not playing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I was Gus I would go to Tony Bloom and ask who do you back me or Forster if its me let me circulate his name for a loan but let me loan a target man and pay the wages required. Then I would start thinking of who to try to loan who is a proven goalscorer who cannot regularly get into his premiership or Championship side but would be more than adequate for us.

I would then appoint a Europeam scout to search the european market for players for next season from Spain, Portugal, France Germany Holland etc.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Not at all Clarkey.

I can't believe that I get back from football and there is so much negatvity expressed on here.

As I understand it you get relegated when you cannot better the points and goal difference total of the team 5th from bottom, not on the second weekend in Feb.

I make no secret of the fact that I was a Micky Adams man, people on this board seem to be beating, unfairly in my opinion, Gus Poyet with the same stick.

I said on the same weekend last year, we wouldn't go down, and we didn't and I think the same 52 weeks on.

Can't compare Adams to Poyet. Adams turned a team of promotion candidates into relegation certs.

Adams 2nd spell as manager was like watching someone have a breakdown and some of his decisions bordered on mentally ill (Virgo right wing? Thornton benched week after week? Hawkins better than Joel Lynch? Virgo left wing? I could go on all day...).

Poyet is merely trying to clear up the mess left by Adams (as was Slade), and I believe - bizarre substitutions aside - is doing so and will make us a much better side in the long run.

Adams put us back 3 or 4 years as a team/club, so it goes without saying that we must give Gus time to turn this around.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Really? We have lost to one of the best teams in the division, during a run of games where most people have been bemoaning how tough it will be to get any points. It's obvious that this board would go into meltdown as if they suddenly thought we'd have won a game like this. What do you expect on here, logical appraisal? :lolol:

What would I do differently? Very little in the short-term. That's what we need, some stability, and you get that by actually doing very little differently. Of course, you will always disagree with a few of the players picked / dropped but that inevitable. In general, I like what Poyet has done, I like the way he sets his teams up, the way he does make attacking substitutions when we are chasing a game, and the tough stance he's prepared to take when his word has been challenged by NF.

Carole - no.
Navarro - no.
While Cox, and McNulty would be more involved, while I wouldn't have shipped Tunnicliffe out on loan.

But, as I say, a few personnel changes here and there from within the squad is no big deal, but overall, I think the most important thing right now is that we all stand fully behind Poyet. Adams made an absolute mess of the place, and Slade needed a load of short-term fixes to save us last season. Poyet needs time, and we MUST give it to him.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I swear there's many more people telling others not to be negative than there are acually people being negative. Of course people are unhappy we lost, and have lost loads of games at home and can't buy a win at the moment, but almost everyone on here agrees in general that we were unlucky yesterday and the last two home games have been encouraging. I wish a few people would stop thinking they're making such an important appeal by saying don't be negative as most of what I've seen is rational reasons to be dissapointed.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
It wouldn't be popular with the fans and many would argue not the most vital of transfers, but I'd get a couple experienced journeyman who can hold the game, kill time, keep us vigilant at the back. They might be slow, they might not have much moving forward and they might be at the end of their career, but a couple experienced players who can keep it simple in defensive midfield positions would be a great help. We've had a few over the years who can keep their head and everyone elses.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd move the clock in the referee's room back five minutes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure there's a lot he can do. Our attacking problem is in a game weeither don't create enough chances or don't finish the ones we do create. Defensively our problem is concentrating for the entire game, we have at least one defensive shoot ourselves in the foot moment per game. I don't know that it's possible to coach this out of the team anymore, so I guess it needs a steller job of squad building in he summer.

Guess shouldn't have to come out and ask for patience at this stage, it should be a given.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here