Deano's Right Foot said:
I certainly tried, but it just sizzled my bollocks. :(
Can I meet your Mum?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Abbatoir. Turkey farm. Chicken farm.

Did a lot of killing when I was younger.....

Career change to lighting shop. Left quickly when I went in pissed and broke more lights than I could afford to replace.

Builder's merchants in Crawley, mainly driving forklifts into walls, other forklifts, etc. Selling stuff in the yard to dodgy builders for cash. No wonder the company got taken over. Then installed CCTV in the yard!

Became a government mercenary, paid to go and do things that they wouldn't send their own relatives to do. 21 years is enough.

Want to go and teach in a primary school next.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I worked in Carphone Warehouse. I sincerely apologise for all the crap phones and insurance policies I sold because the commission was high :nono:

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Pulling dead fish out of a large reservoir infested with blue green algae, for £2 an hour

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
MYOB said:
I worked in Carphone Warehouse. I sincerely apologise for all the crap phones and insurance policies I sold because the commission was high :nono:

It's true innit, the more crap phones you flog the more commission you get. Sell the latest super-cool phone and you get sod all.

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Car Mechanic, still doing the same job in the same place 11 years later

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
royal marine commando k company, 2 troop....9 happy years!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
4 years in Lloyds Bank. Chucked it all in to go travelling.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Royal Corp of Transport Manning record Office. Go for for a retired Major who posted sappers around the world. Excellent laugh, but job relocated to Glasgow and I did not.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Beat this one then!

Worked at the 'Vogue' cinema in Lewes Road, at the time they showed 'X' rated adult films, and twice a week we had live strippers, it was my job to look after them for the day, i kid you not.
Never had so many people wanting to be my friend.

Sadly the cinema closed, and was replaced by the 'Vogue' giratory and Sainsbury's store.

Oh happy days :)

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
eastlondonseagull said:
It's true innit, the more crap phones you flog the more commission you get. Sell the latest super-cool phone and you get sod all.

When I left, colour phones were just coming in, and they all had crap commission, so we generally spent our time trying to convince people that black and white was here to stay and that they'd never want to receive MMS because "Who is really going to have a camera on their phone" :shootself

It was worse on the PDA's, the little Palm's had great commission and the PocketPC's had bugger all.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
jimmyseagull said:
Beat this one then!

Worked at the 'Vogue' cinema in Lewes Road, at the time they showed 'X' rated adult films, and twice a week we had live strippers, it was my job to look after them for the day, i kid you not.
Never had so many people wanting to be my friend.

Sadly the cinema closed, and was replaced by the 'Vogue' giratory and Sainsbury's store.

Oh happy days :)

I was well excited when my dad told me he was taking me to see a double bill at the Vogue.

Imagine my disappointment when I found out he meant Tom Thumb and The Wizard of Oz, and not one of the nice young ladies who were advertised in the Argus.

Mind you, I was only about 10 at the time.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
My first job was in Gamleys Toy Shop in Worthing.

Used to race remote control cars round the shop on the days the boss wasn't in...

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
D'Angelo Saxon said:
My first job was in Gamleys Toy Shop in Worthing.

Used to race remote control cars round the shop on the days the boss wasn't in...

I ordered a spare board for my Monopoly set from them in 1972.

It still hasn't come in! Bastards. :angry: :angry: :angry:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
MYOB said:
When I left, colour phones were just coming in, and they all had crap commission, so we generally spent our time trying to convince people that black and white was here to stay and that they'd never want to receive MMS because "Who is really going to have a camera on their phone" :shootself

It was worse on the PDA's, the little Palm's had great commission and the PocketPC's had bugger all.

Sounds about right :(

Dandyman

In London village.
First ever job was as a "Saturday Boy" in Safeways in Lewes. First ever post-education job was working for the COI but I am not allowed to tell you that. :dunce:

Dandyman

In London village.
seagullion said:
royal marine commando k company, 2 troop....9 happy years!

Couple of lads from my school were RM Commandos (42 and 45 RM?). What years were you in ?

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Saturday job delivering overpriced furniture, it was shit, especially where top floor flats are involved, where the lift is too small or doesn't work:censored: :angry:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here