Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your first ever AWAY game?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Aldershot in the 1960's. Pitch looked like the River Adur at low tide and played like it as well.

10,000+ Albion fans in a 14,000+ crowd. Tedious 0-0 draw. 29,000 for the Goldstone Replay Round 2 of the FA Cup.

The 1970's visit was tame in comparison.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
perseus said:
Aldershot in the 1960's. Pitch looked like the River Adur at low tide and played like it as well.

10,000+ Albion fans in a 14,000+ crowd. Tedious 0-0 draw. 29,000 for the Goldstone Replay Round 2 of the FA Cup.

The 1970's visit was tame in comparison.
*PEDANT ALERT*
It was Round 3.We went on to play Chelsea in Round 4 .

Stumpy Tim

I think mine was around Easter 91. Bristol Rovers away when they played at Twerton Park. Won 3-1, and Codner missed a penalty even though they had a defender in goal.

Walker did dive for the penalty though

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sams dad said:
*PEDANT ALERT*
It was Round 3.We went on to play Chelsea in Round 4 .

The replay of which was my first away game (but I couldn't get in so I suppose doesn't really count)

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
As a spotty 14 year old mine was Millwall away in the play-off semi in 1991. I went by myself on the jnr seagulls coach, didn't know anyone else who wanted to or was allowed to go. What a game to go to as your first away though, remember going ape when we scored with a couple of blokes next to me, and that the view was :censored: Was still a great night though :clap2:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Seagull73 said:
Peterborough United FA Cup fifth round 1986 2-2 draw.

Ditto. British Rail were also doing some deal that month that meant all fares up to £12 were £4, all up to £20 were £8 or something like that. Anyway, by going from Hassocks to Haywards Heath or Gatwick it meant you could go to Peterboro for £4.80-odd. What a bargain. And with 4,000 fans crammed into that covered stand and a late equaliser, it was a true baptism into the awayday club. The famous red away strip, snowbound pitch, orange ball, Steve Jacobs...great memories.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
circa1969/1971
away to LUTON @ KENILWORTH ROAD
Absolute Mayhem.

Malcom Mcdonald in a BMC 1100 with children was surrounded outside the ground and the car was violently rocked and nearly turned over.

Subsequently the "NORTH STAND" broke into the ground and ALEC STOCK personally, aided by a megaphone, tried to evict hundreds of baying ALBION fans.
The wanker failed.

These events then made the Sunday papers the next day.

Anyone remember these scenes?

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yorkie said:
The replay of which was my first away game (but I couldn't get in so I suppose doesn't really count)

I was waiting on the railway station when we heard it was full up at Chelsea. That was over an hour before the start.

Some kids got in (cause we wuz only young then), but they could not see a thing!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
V Palace (1987ish) Five penalties, Kelvin Morton, Wright and Bright! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here