Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
oxford, mid-late 80s

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good grief - I haven't got a scooby! First home game was Feb '74 so probably some time shortly after that. Used to go all over with my dad.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Probably Stockport - sometime early 90's.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Walsall - lost one nil. Beasant debut I think and Zamora hit the post and crossbar.

Only been to 5 away games in total. :(

Happy to stick to home matches ;)

I had the WORST hangover at that game. Had been staying in Nottingham and drove (probably still WAY over the limit) to the game. The Walsall own brand water and radioactive pies did not help.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I had the WORST hangover at that game. Had been staying in Nottingham and drove (probably still WAY over the limit) to the game. The Walsall own brand water and radioactive pies did not help.

Ah the Battle of Bescot Stadium Station.

Mr Mullet suggesting to the yam yam in the brown leather jacket that he looked so gay maybe he should come back to Brighton with us, sparked something of an incident.

Fantastic use of an orange and direct hit on a while Stone Island jumper by the Oaf during the conflict....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good old Oaf. I nearly got knocked over by a few Albion running to get involved in that particular battle.

Why hasn't LI responded to this thread?

:jester:

Dies Irae said:
West Brom - League Cup 1975

i was at the Forst game also ( we lost 1 or 2 nil didnt we?) huge fight in the car park as we were getting on the coaches - Didnt a train break down too?

actually lost 1-3. But then they were the reigning European Champions. I remember it was an absolutley filthy night (poured with rain) and we were competitive all night right up until Birtles (I think) scored their second)
Wardy equalised early in the second half (it was the main match on BBC Radio 2 when they were only allowed to broadcast the 2nd half of live games!)

Eddie the Seagull said:
Pompey 1981(?) we got beat 5-1 & it pissed down :(

1981 - don't be silly

We were in Division 1 and they were in the old Division 4.

I was actually 1984 and yes that was Willie Young getting the run around in the heart of our "defence"

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Last year at Watford- Age 14
1-1 draw, stunning Virgo volley for the 'last gasp' equaliser

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Buzza said:
My first game was in 1975(ish). Aldershot. 1-1 score
11,000 crowd inc 8,000 albion. We just missed out on promotion.

I believe that was my first away game, too.

The crossbar at the park end was broken at the end of the game.

I didn't realise there were any Aldershot fans there.

One of the schoolmates I was travelling with got off the train while it was still going pretty fast at Redhill and somehow managed a majestic forward roll and virtually no injuries!

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
Of all places, Northampton away in about 1975. Can't remember what prompted the decision to start there, but took the Seagulls special and was hooked. We won 2-0, I think Peter Ward scored as he usually did in those days. Ther threw bricks at us from behind the terraces, nice friendly types.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Storer68 said:
1981 - don't be silly

We were in Division 1 and they were in the old Division 4.

I was actually 1984 and yes that was Willie Young getting the run around in the heart of our "defence"
And we were one nil up at half time I think. And at the end, it pissed down with rain and the bloke on the tannoy went through all the second half goalscorers.

Whayt a bunch of twats they are. I long for the day we can do something like that back to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here