Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your experience of South bermondsey train station like after the game

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are you sure this was to avoid trouble? It looked to me like people were being held back from entering the station to avoid dangerous overcrowding on the platform.
I think the OB didn't want any Albion fans being tossed off by their Millwall counterparts. :cool:

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
At the meeting point of away fans and home fans, a 'wall fan responded to a song of 'Your not scary anymore..' from BHA fans at the back, by suddenly stating on a mid forties bloke shouting 'Was it you - who's not f***ing scary anymore' being well aggro..

The Mid forties bloke, right out of the blue, went bananas back at him, with 'Your f***ing not, and if you want some, lets have it right now and here..!'

Brilliant :bowdown:

'Wall fan was caught out, and then HAD to follow up with with fists, but BHA fan was right up for it giving it back. Old bill were in there in 10 seconds but good theatre for all around them.

The OB then stopped BHA fans getting on station for a bit, leaving me and two others to get on a train packed full 'wall fans..kept a bit quiet foro tht journey..

Errrrrrrrr..............that 'mid-forties bloke' was me!!!

:lolol:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
There was nearly a spot of bother on the train with all the pushing and shoving to
get on and it wasn't partic. pleasant standing by the closed station gates just by
where the two sets of fans merge - especially as I seemed to be surrounded
by mostly Millwall fans with my Albion hat on! Apart from that - fine!

I thought the police did a good job....low profile for the most part

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
At the meeting point of away fans and home fans, a 'wall fan responded to a song of 'Your not scary anymore..' from BHA fans at the back, by suddenly stating on a mid forties bloke shouting 'Was it you - who's not f***ing scary anymore' being well aggro..

The Mid forties bloke, right out of the blue, went bananas back at him, with 'Your f***ing not, and if you want some, lets have it right now and here..!'

Brilliant :bowdown:

'Wall fan was caught out, and then HAD to follow up with with fists, but BHA fan was right up for it giving it back. Old bill were in there in 10 seconds but good theatre for all around them.

The OB then stopped BHA fans getting on station for a bit, leaving me and two others to get on a train packed full 'wall fans..kept a bit quiet foro tht journey..

Was that the bald BHA fella in a black jacket?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
What?? Well Policed??

Take it from that comment you were not by the OPEN gate at the station when The 'Wall threw a few punches, bottle and pint glass along with a few stones?

Even the copper was baffled as to why we were let through as some of Millwalls lads were making cutting jestures and shouting homophobic chants!!!??:wozza:

That aside, which made the day even more memorable, it was a f***ing good day out.........train journey a bit messy though!!:bigwave:

Absolutely. It was a bit tasty and the police let Albion and Millwall through together while they stood there picking their noses.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
it was all a bit disapointing - potter nearly shit himself, and we couldnt even find the money that was being thrown at us. shame, i really need a shit and that money could have funded the toilet roll that would allow me to do so

I think reassessing my position of standing outside the cage was wise after the clatter of a cockney coin clattered the fence above my head.

Joe Nobody

Dec 27, 2008
Hove
I think alot of us experienced about 10 minutes intimidation from when the crowds met until we got off at London Bridge. A mixture of apprehension & amusement. No matter what a lot of people say, Millwall are different from most.

Paynaldinho

May 4, 2008
i got called a bum bandit by a boy of about 8,whos balls were still inside his stomach,and he was wearing a bright pink t-shirt

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Are you BALD??

:lol:

Well not much hair anyway..!

Errrrrrrrr..............that 'mid-forties bloke' was me!!!

:lolol:

I was being kind.. :lol:

Saw you in Kings Head afterwards actually. :bigwave:

Have to say fair play to you, great shout back and totally called the blokes bluff....

I think it would be a little unfair to say that you might have done it fully in the knowledge that 6 OB, were no more 3 yards away to bail out any mass brawl.. ;)

As we were going up the steps, several 'Wall fans were heard comenting on that 'nutter Brighton fan..' :thumbsup:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Rowdey....Was not calling you bald but my traveling companion for the day!!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Rowdey....Was not calling you bald but my traveling companion for the day!!

I got that you wern't calling me bald..didn't get that you wern't asking me a question... Oh well..!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I thought the general idea was that we were kept until a train of 'Wall had cleared then we were let out for the next train and so on.

I was quite surprised to see it all mixing and, remembering the old days, it's quite a dangerous mix which could have kicked off any second.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I thought the general idea was that we were kept until a train of 'Wall had cleared then we were let out for the next train and so on.

That's exactly what I thought. There's pretty much no point in having that cage thing IMO. It doesn't stop what Millwall are well known for, throwing stones.

Dandyman

In London village.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Not sure why nobody else took the 15 minute walk down to New Cross Gate and then caught a stopper to East Croydon and then back home.

Only Millwall fans we saw was a little guy with his girflfriend and the Millwall's branch of the New Cross Womens' Institute. A group of 60 somethings ladies all wrapped up in Millwall scarves.

Perhaps an option for next year.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not sure why nobody else took the 15 minute walk down to New Cross Gate and then caught a stopper to East Croydon and then back home.

Only Millwall fans we saw was a little guy with his girflfriend and the Millwall's branch of the New Cross Womens' Institute. A group of 60 somethings ladies all wrapped up in Millwall scarves.

Perhaps an option for next year.

train from South Bermondsey goes direct to E.Croy but i take your point

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Oh right.

I thought the route was S Bermondsey back up to London Bridge whence one catches a train back to Sussex.

Even so and despite all that is said..this caged walkway and incidents on the platform and train not to mention at LB seem quite unsafe and intimidating.

Jan 30, 2008
Oh right.

I thought the route was S Bermondsey back up to London Bridge whence one catches a train back to Sussex.

Even so and despite all that is said..this caged walkway and incidents on the platform and train not to mention at LB seem quite unsafe and intimidating.
teryfying, what makes me laugh is that every one starts shouting when they get off the train at L/B and the meekly walk over to the platform to catch the train home while the more determined ones slip through for a nice after match pint

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
teryfying, what makes me laugh is that every one starts shouting when they get off the train at L/B and the meekly walk over to the platform to catch the train home while the more determined ones slip through for a nice after match pint

and what did you get up to DR?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here