Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your experience of South bermondsey train station like after the game

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it was all a bit disapointing - potter nearly shit himself, and we couldnt even find the money that was being thrown at us. shame, i really need a shit and that money could have funded the toilet roll that would allow me to do so

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
One Millwall fan got punched three times by the police and a baton round the head. Very amusing :laugh:

Being held behind at the train station was more entertaining than the game itself

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Someone threw a bit of pavement at me right in thr earhole. I took it like a man! :lolol:

I found the Millwall fans rattling the bars like they were some sort of caged animals pretty amusing though!

Also, didn't seem like there were any real policing measures necessary today. We were kept in the fences for a while but that seemed more to do with the fact that the station was rammed. They were letting loads of Brighton through for the second train, and once we were passed the police the Millwall fans were good as gold.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We were kept in the walkway, at the point the visiting supporters and home fans meet. The first supporters were allowed straight through, however those at the back had to wait for around 45 minutes behind the gate to avoid trouble.

That has happened to me a couple of times. Totally unacceptable behaviour by the police in my opinion. It's like short term imprisonment and is totally unnecessary. Probably infringing my human rights as well. Would be different if they advised you ahead of time that you would be held there giving you the option of taking a different route. You could walk to London Bridge in 45 mins.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
At the meeting point of away fans and home fans, a 'wall fan responded to a song of 'Your not scary anymore..' from BHA fans at the back, by suddenly stating on a mid forties bloke shouting 'Was it you - who's not f***ing scary anymore' being well aggro..

The Mid forties bloke, right out of the blue, went bananas back at him, with 'Your f***ing not, and if you want some, lets have it right now and here..!'

Brilliant :bowdown:

'Wall fan was caught out, and then HAD to follow up with with fists, but BHA fan was right up for it giving it back. Old bill were in there in 10 seconds but good theatre for all around them.

The OB then stopped BHA fans getting on station for a bit, leaving me and two others to get on a train packed full 'wall fans..kept a bit quiet foro tht journey..

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Same as every time, well policed

What?? Well Policed??

Take it from that comment you were not by the OPEN gate at the station when The 'Wall threw a few punches, bottle and pint glass along with a few stones?

Even the copper was baffled as to why we were let through as some of Millwalls lads were making cutting jestures and shouting homophobic chants!!!??:wozza:

That aside, which made the day even more memorable, it was a f***ing good day out.........train journey a bit messy though!!:bigwave:

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
Take it from that comment you were not by the OPEN gate at the station when The 'Wall threw a few punches, bottle and pint glass along with a few stones?

You missed out the chicken bone from your list.....

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I personally thought it was a f***ing joke, they all lined the bit where ONLY the Brighton fans were, then when all the fans mixed on the bloody precarious platform there were about 3 coppers!

Was a tad uncomfortable on that platform IMO. No idea they held anyone back though!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Are you sure this was to avoid trouble? It looked to me like people were being held back from entering the station to avoid dangerous overcrowding on the platform.

No i wasnt sure, just heard from a couple of people around me that was why as they were worried about mixing the two sets of fans. You may well be right though, i was just going on what i heard. In response to Goldstone, i would have to disagree, perhaps they could of warned fans that there was a chance of being kept in, but i would rather wait there than be mixed with some of that mad lot, and then wait on an overcrowded platform.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
The Milwall fan that the police nicked and then held in our section of the walkway was fairly big, took 3 coppers to keep him there.

Have to say I was quite impressed that somebody found a pint glass to lob at us, a few coins but nothing much really.

Was nowhere near as bad as getting out of Ninian Park used to be.

He was one scary looking fuckin unit!! His bird shouted....'see you at home later Gary':lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here