Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your experience of South bermondsey train station like after the game

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Conversation with away fans didn't really go any further than "Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll"

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It was a lovely view, we were kept with the last few in the caged walk for about 45mins so missed the millwall on the trains.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Erm, we caught the 17:15 and got straight on, onto a table. However I was standing right by some big lump who , when we arrived at London Bridge shouted..."MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Same as every time, well policed

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
They didn't.

We were kept in the walkway, at the point the visiting supporters and home fans meet. The first supporters were allowed straight through, however those at the back had to wait for around 45 minutes behind the gate to avoid trouble.

We were kept in the walkway, at the point the visiting supporters and home fans meet. The first supporters were allowed straight through, however those at the back had to wait for around 45 minutes behind the gate to avoid trouble.
Are you sure this was to avoid trouble? It looked to me like people were being held back from entering the station to avoid dangerous overcrowding on the platform.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I actually think it's terribly policed, Beachy.

Disagree never felt any threat once and I stood next to the chav in the stripped jumper who was thrown out in that melee before the game in their end on the platform at South Bermondsey.

Believe you me he was a pussy cat :lolol::ohmy:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I'd agree with ELS too, I thought it was badly policed today.

I've been three times, last two times it didn't feel any different from any other way game but today it felt a bit edgy and I think the police cocked it up a bit. We had the delight of the very witty Millwall fans repeatedly going BRIGHTON FANS AT THE REAR, THEY LIKE THAT, f***ing POOFS, (repeat 30 odd times)

I feel for the poor buggers who were on the train anyway..

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I know........ but you weren't kept in the ground.

We had the delight of the very witty Millwall fans repeatedly going BRIGHTON FANS AT THE REAR, THEY LIKE THAT, f***ing POOFS, (repeat 30 odd times).
Was that in response to the very witty Brighton fans chanting WE'RE THE BACKSIDE, WE'RE THE BACKSIDE, WE'RE THE BACKSIDE BRIGHTON BOYS?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here