Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the last League/Cup game that you attended that didn't have the Albion

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
York City v Forest Green Rovers 0-0 in 2008. Blue Square Premiership. Really enjoyed it. Attendance about 2,500 I think.

Billy McEwan was the York manager. Remember him? Played for Albion in the late 70's. He got so angry at one point that he booted a water bottle which went into the crowd and put both hands up for forgiveness! Great moment.

It doesn't matter what level you're watching, you've got to love this great game of ours! You can see great banter and drama in hotly contested park games believe me.

Ah york, what a great place!

Last season :- Exeter 1 - 0 Charlton.

Had train tickets already booked for Plymouth away, so went to the game not wanting to waste money.

After arriving back home I thought that if Charlton were that bad, an easy win would be on the cards a few week later at The Valley, how right I was!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Find it amazing that quite a few people have never been to a game not involving Albion. I really enjoy going to a game as a neutral from time to time - helps takes the stress out of football for me.

If abroad counts, the last one for me was Bastia v Clermont-Ferrand in French Ligue 2 this season.

Otherwise, Watford v Cardiff last Christmas.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I went to Portsmouth v Newcastle a couple of years ago, it was when Newcastle were shit and couldn't buy a win and Portsmouth had Tony Adams in charge. Newcastle won 2-0 (Owen and Martins the scorers) and i'll always remember from this day the away end toilet PACKED at half time with people having crafty fags and two stewards barged in and dragged out probably the oldest, frailest old man I've ever seen. Some Geordie voice behind me said' looooowk et's the ugly facceee of Olignanism rearing it's heeeed again'

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
International break weekend, just moved into my new place in Balham so went to find the nearest semi-pro game.

Ended up watching Tooting and Mitcham v Aveley in the Ryman Premier League. Tooting Assistant manager is Geoff Pitcher, and although injured on the day their squad includes Joe O'Cearuill.

Aveley won 2 -1.

£5 to get in, hot dog WITH ONIONS £2, tea 60p and a Mars bar 45p. Cracking entertainment for under a tenner.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
The last non-Brighton or England game that I have been to must have been Brazil v Scotland at the Emirates last season where a certain League One striker came on in the last few minutes.

Prior to that i'm not really sure, probabily Lewes or Whitehawk. Have probabily done about 20 to 30 games as a netural.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Milwall v Portsmouth last season (in with the Pompey fans who won 1-0)
Used to go to lots of non-Albion games when we weren't playing but less so now cos it costs too much

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Chelsea V Aston Villa in the Vialli days. I sat in the Chelsea end but had put a bet on Villa....kept that to myself mind.

I enjoy watching the premiership on TV but find it very flat/strange when I have actually been to a game that doesn't involve the Albion.

I should also add forgettable when the game doesn't involve the Albion. I forgot it was actually Arsenal V Aston Villa to have a look at the Emirates, when my mate had a spare ticket. Don't forget the bloody price I paid for the ticket though!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here