Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the last League/Cup game that you attended that didn't have the Albion

York City v Forest Green Rovers 0-0 in 2008. Blue Square Premiership. Really enjoyed it. Attendance about 2,500 I think.

Billy McEwan was the York manager. Remember him? Played for Albion in the late 70's. He got so angry at one point that he booted a water bottle which went into the crowd and put both hands up for forgiveness! Great moment.

It doesn't matter what level you're watching, you've got to love this great game of ours! You can see great banter and drama in hotly contested park games believe me.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Only been to two competitive matches that I remember. Palace v Ipswich (obviously in the away end) and Charlton v Newcastle (when they played their home games at Upton Park). Did also watch Charlton v Ipswich in a pre-season friendly before the 09/10 season - Roy Keane was in charge of Ipswich and they looked crap.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I went to an Everton v Liverpool charity shield game and Sunderland v Norwich League Cup Final, both at Wembley, both in the '80s. I seem to remember the ends being mixed for the former, and I know for a fact I was in with the Sunderland lot for the latter.

Other than that my only other non Albion professional matches have been watching Man Utd at various London grounds when I was young and a United 'fan'.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
what did you think of Jordan Rhodes? he was immense in the air a few weeks ago. although we could prob do with some more experience at this level in the squad, i think he'd make a very good aquisition for top championship clubs, including us.

Right place right time and took advantage of some truly awful defending. I think he is a little bit over-rated personally. Good in League 1, would be interested to see if he could make the step up.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
1984 milk cup final. Liverpool v Everton. First time they had met at wembley. Over-hyped atmosphere was non event.The match itself was dour to say the least 0-0 bore draw. The only reason I went was a mates dad worked for the water board and for some reason the were sent tickets. the price of these tickets was £4.50!!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
League wise it was Stevenage v Rochdale last month. Straight in for a fiver showing our season ticket. Great value and I do miss league one. :whistle:

Cup wise Horsham v Swansea a few seasons ago.

I would always love to see the Albion first and foremost but I love footy me so Id watch a sunday morning game given half the chance and some time!

Beats the premiership a lot of the time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The day England lost to Australia at Twickers in the Rugby World Cup Final - saw Birmingham City v someone at St Andrews

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool v Fulham April 2010 Anfield. 0-0
Then Fulham manager Hodgson played 11 behind ball, and Fulham had either zero or one chance on goal, despite LFC missing several key players.

Don't believe the hype. None of you would enjoy England under Hodgson.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I am going to see Southport v Stockport on the 29th and league wise it was chelsea v watford on the same day as brighton beat northwich 8-0 in the cup wise i don't think i have

Last edited:

Nick Rowles

Naughty Nick
Jan 20, 2010
Uxbridge
Oxford United v Bristol Rovers the weekend before last. Arrived 15mins after KO due to heavy traffic and got held back with 2000 pissed off Gas after they had been beaten 3-0. Good to see Whingy again and crossed the Kassam off my list, hopefully won't be back in a hurry!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Luton v Newport in the BSP last season. Was working in Luton at the time. Head of the EDL got prosecuted for fighting with Newport fans outside, I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here