Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the last League/Cup game that you attended that didn't have the Albion

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
2010 FA Cup semi-final at Wembley. Pompey v Spurs.. It was all a bit :shrug: but the tickets were freebies, and my kids wanted to see Wembley.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Hearts v St Johnstone last year was up visiting my brother who is a Saints supporter - 1-1 two goals in two minutes just before half time and I was queuing for the drinks!!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Arsenal vs Steuer Buchuarest (sp?) in the Champions League group stages

Cup wise Oxford vs Reading League Cup 2004

League Chelsea vs Liverpool 2000/2001 I think.

Sep 1, 2011
england v switzerland
some nutty div 2 german game one of the teams was called ostbruck or something
schalke v leverkusen

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
West Brom v Pompey in the Championship a few years back. Was visiting the area with Pompey supporting friends so handy to catch the game. Met up with a load of Pompey fans for some beers before and enjoyed some good banter, especially when I revealed my Albion colours. Got some odd funny looks from both WBA and Pompey alike at the ground. It was weird standing in the midst of the away fans especially when they start singing 'play up pompey' etc which has always grated. Good game though.

No harm in experiencing games from another fans perspective. Always a devoted Albion fan and loved the Goldstone but as a kid also went with mates to loads of games at Villa Park, Selhurst and White Hart Lane - saw some great players and experienced the atmospheres in some big crowds. In return mates came to Albion games - even at Withdean.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Been to dozens of non Albion games, last English top 4 league competetive one was Arsenal v Blackburn last season (?). Also did fans united at Selhurst Park, Dons v Canaries. I saw the first ever Championship play off final at new Wembley, Baggies v Derby. I watched Spurs v Man U the season after the england/Beckham sending off, Spurs fans were horrible, experiences like that leave a bad memory, I generally root for whoever is playing against Spurs nowadays. I also get along to see a number of Non League games during the year, and always make a few games a year while abroad on holiday.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Brentford 0 v Huddersfield 4 two weeks ago

I had an old friend staying with us in London whilst he was in UK, so we went to watch a game (and Wimbledon v Gills was sold out) that didnt involve Palace! Lucky I decided that Ipswich away was too much of a risk (wife was near to her due date) as my wife's waters broke immediately after game, so had to hot foot it back to SW London.

Brentford are awful. Jordan Rhodes is quality - he could do a job alongside CMS. Big target man.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I went to Barnet vs Plymouth a few weeks ago when we weren't playing as its not far and fancied going to a game. Also went with some mates to the Emirates Cup in pre-season as I live 5 mins walk from the ground and fancied seeing Boca!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only ever been to three professional games not involving Albion

Leicester City v Carlisle sometime in the early/mid 70's. At the time, they were 1st and 2nd in Division 1. Was my first ever football match.

Huddersfield Town v Bradford City in the early 90's. Played on a Sunday the day after Albion away at Barnsley and we'd stayed up there with relatives, so we went to that before coming home. If memory serves me correctly, ex-Albionite Kieran O'Reagan scored the only goal in a 1-0 win for Huddersfield

Feyenoord v Vitesse Arnhem. Dull 0-0 memorable only as it was thus far my only European footy match and was Johnny Metgod's last league game before he retired (older viewers may remember him!)

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bristol Rovers vs Rushden & Diamonds in April 2005.
I lived opposite the Memorial Ground when I was doing my uni work placement so it would have been rude not to pay a visit there. It finished 3-0 to Rovers including a fantastic goal where Scott Shearer inexplicably threw the ball into his own net, then they signed him 3 months later!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Wigan v Villa around 93 or 94, all I remember is that Wigan were shockingly rubbish on a freezing Tuesday night.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Abroad, BAK07 v Dynamo last season, THE Berlin derby.

In this country, Southampton v Sheffield United the year Saints got relegated from the Championship. It was a freebie. It was also one of the coldest nights that I've ever watched football on - think it was the only game that survived.

My earliest memory is being taken to Spurs, 1st home game of the season v Notts Forest in 1963 when the FA cup was paraded around the ground before the game.
Also remember seeing George Best play for Man U against Arsenal at Highbury in the lat 60's.
Finally went to a very one sided Cup Final in the 70's when Liverpool totally outplayed Newcastle.
I cannot recall anything non Albion related since - although you can see from the above my age may be catching up on me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here