Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What WAS the best bit of your day?

john baldock

Feb 18, 2009
gloucester
in the Arkels drinking to much,then trying to put ticket in wrong way round and some big scouse steward shouting at me to put the bloody thing in the right way round oops felt fecking stupid,result aside enoyed the day Everton fans made me smile.

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
Has to be the guy behind me sing "let's celebrate like we scored" followed by hysterical cheering. Hats off to you sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
-The local who came round the pub by the Kop flogging loads of enamel badges from a board. It seems to be a very Scouse thing to do

No trip to Liverpool is complete unless you encounter some 'dodgy geezer' trying to sell 'dubious goods'.

The best one I ever encountered some years back was a bloke wandering outside Anfield with one of those wooden trays with shoulder strap that ice cream sellers would wear. This character wasn't selling ice cream, but cigarettes that had no health warning, so were obviously contraband duty free or knock offs! The local police didn't bat an eyelid!

Maybe if customs & excise had been around they may have wished to have a chat with this Gent? :rolleyes:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We noticed that. It was everywhere. The whole area was dog shit alley. All the dogs in Liverpool obviously have seriously loose bowels & poop scooper's haven't made it to Merseyside it seems.

Last time I was in Liverpool I noticed that, and the copious amounts of litter everywhere, although it didn't seem so obvious yesterday.

Wandering around the city yesterday was a bit of an eye opener though. Driving in on the coach, we were struck by how every single shop that wasn't open was locked down by metal shutters. Was that just a football thing, or does it happen every day? Most of the shops seemed to be Bargain Booze or 24 hour convenience joints. The garden- well, yard- of the pub we went in was surrounded by spiked fencing and razor wire, and CCTV cameras were everywhere. There seemed to be whole streets of boarded up and derelict houses, the sort you see on TV programmes when some developer comes along and pays £40,000 for the entire street before tidying them up and renting out for a profit. Only in this case, sadly, nobody has come along to save them. There were literally streets and streets of derelict properties, occasionally with what looked like a lone occupied house in the middle. I can't remember being anywhere that appeared to have been left to decline like that, though I'm sure places like Moss Side would run it close (I've never been).

I'm not saying this to take the piss, merely as an observation. Perhaps we don't realise how fortunate we are to live in an area where jobs are still- relatively- easier to come by, no matter how much everyone is feeling the pinch. You could walk around the so-called worst parts of Brighton, or Crawley, or Hastings, and it's nowhere near as depressing as large swathes of Liverpool seem to be. And yes, I'm aware there are some very wealthy areas not a million miles from the city too.

Is this view a fair reflection, or is the area where the football grounds are not reflective of the rest of the city? And is it just Liverpool, or is there really such a north-south divide in this country? I've always been a bit sceptical, given the levels of grants and funding that are chucked at the North by various organisations, but maybe there is genuine foundation to it. I should add, the state of the area was no reflection on the people I met, most of whom were great company...

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
The bloke in the car park, asking for our parking money, who didn't even work for the car park

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
A bitter sweet memorable day all round for me! The 2nd Scouser being thrown out while still giving it large was very funny!

Singing 5-1 and your still not singing... Seconds later singing 6-1 and your still not singing, made me smile through gritted teeth!

And singing to Carroll "your'e being sold in the summer" was amusing too!

The fantastic support will also stick in the memory as it usually is when we go away but yesterdays support was particularly special!

Little ol' BHA outsinging The Kop, who wudda thought that eh?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wondering up the road by Stanley Park and bumping into my uncle, didn't even know he supported Brighton let alone had a ticket for the match. Weird.

I didn't think much of Anfield from the outside, it seemed a bit 'Swindon Town', but the pitch and layout in the ground was great. I also liked the way the Liverpool supporters held up their scarves to YNWA. Our singing was pretty good as well.

I didn't expect to win, I wasn't surprised we got hammered (following the Millwall display) but I enjoyed the day regardless.

edit: I forgot about half time when Hey Jude was playing, we were all having a chat/beer/pie then when it came to the 'la la la lalalala' bit at the end every single Brighton supporter stopped what they were doing and joined in. Spontaneous and fantastic.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps we don't realise how fortunate we are to live in an area where jobs are still- relatively- easier to come by, no matter how much everyone is feeling the pinch. You could walk around the so-called worst parts of Brighton, or Crawley, or Hastings, and it's nowhere near as depressing as large swathes of Liverpool seem to be.

We are very fortunate here. Without a doubt. You will also find areas like this in Bradford, Doncaster and Halifax. These are just the ones I have seen. I'm sure there are more.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We are very fortunate here. Without a doubt. You will also find areas like this in Bradford, Doncaster and Halifax. These are just the ones I have seen. I'm sure there are more.

Agreed, I don't remember thinking much of the part of Birmingham where St Andrews was, though it was still not as bad as Anfield. And also not really in the North. Moss Side would doubtless give it a run for its money.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I didn't think much of Anfield from the outside, it seemed a bit 'Swindon Town', .

:lolol:
I bet that's the first time that's EVER been said...and yet...and yet I can see why you've said it.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I got a text from a friend who was at the game (Liverpool supporter) who said gushing things about how great our support was and that they were very vocal. Made me smile.

Oh and finding Lewis Dunks Football boots!!

screen-capture-3.png

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
The Beatles and Elvis Story before the game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Very VERY surprised at no big screens at anfield. VERY surprised.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agreed, I don't remember thinking much of the part of Birmingham where St Andrews was, though it was still not as bad as Anfield. And also not really in the North. Moss Side would doubtless give it a run for its money.

Birmingham is also being hit heavily by the current recession. It will get worse. Parts of Bradford are worse than the area around Anfield in my opinion. I actually felt upset when I was last there as it was so bleak and deprived.

paul pring

Aug 11, 2011
tonbridge
every thing but the result,what a great following we have .enjoyed the goal of the game the 1st of the four we scored, did not think that anfield was as big or good as it looks on tele,how bad was there support lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here