Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was that 'punch-up' all about in the second half?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
porterr said:
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so i apologise for protocol that i might misuse, but i would like to say a few words about the incident that occurred on saturday.
I'm the father of the 2 boys who had unfortunately had to witness the cave like behavoiur of so-called civilised human beings.
First things first my 2 boys are fine especially my youngest who was the most deeply effected. This was greatly helped by a number of people around us who went out of their way to support and help comfort us. I particularly want to thank the gentleman who was directly involved ( i.e hit by the moron) who went out of his way to say to my youngest that this is not what being a football fan of Brighton and Hove Albion is about, and that the person is an idiot, and will see that action is taken against him. Another person a lady who was so kind to the boys will be remembered. There were others , but i was so dumbfunded and utterley disbelieving of what was occurring i could'nt utter anything other then words of comfort to my sons, so a big thank you to you all, it was greatly apprecaited even though i could not offerr my thanks at the time.
To say the day was ruined would be a masive understsatemnt , and it took the whole jouney back to Brighton ( several bags of sweets, visit to Burger King etc)to persaude my sons that supporting brighton and potentially more important football is a wonderful expereince, and that this was a very isolated expereince, and hopefully a horrible one-off.
I have written to the club expressing my thoughts on the matter, and it looks from what i have read that action will be taken from both the police and the club.
I hope i can persuade the boys to come to the match on Saturday to see hopefully a wonderful expression of our support.
I would like to end to repeat my thanks to all of the support, and that has restored somewhat of my faith into this whole sorry affair.

It made me angry when i first heard about this.Hope your lads can put it behind them quickly.You couldn't possibly pick a worse fixture to take them to next(Millwall)Hope it all goes ok as it really is a crunch game.I just know i would of whacked him myself once i saw him hit your son.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
porterr said:
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so i apologise for protocol that i might misuse, but i would like to say a few words about the incident that occurred on saturday.
I'm the father of the 2 boys who had unfortunately had to witness the cave like behavoiur of so-called civilised human beings.
First things first my 2 boys are fine especially my youngest who was the most deeply effected. This was greatly helped by a number of people around us who went out of their way to support and help comfort us. I particularly want to thank the gentleman who was directly involved ( i.e hit by the moron) who went out of his way to say to my youngest that this is not what being a football fan of Brighton and Hove Albion is about, and that the person is an idiot, and will see that action is taken against him. Another person a lady who was so kind to the boys will be remembered. There were others , but i was so dumbfunded and utterley disbelieving of what was occurring i could'nt utter anything other then words of comfort to my sons, so a big thank you to you all, it was greatly apprecaited even though i could not offerr my thanks at the time.
To say the day was ruined would be a masive understsatemnt , and it took the whole jouney back to Brighton ( several bags of sweets, visit to Burger King etc)to persaude my sons that supporting brighton and potentially more important football is a wonderful expereince, and that this was a very isolated expereince, and hopefully a horrible one-off.
I have written to the club expressing my thoughts on the matter, and it looks from what i have read that action will be taken from both the police and the club.
I hope i can persuade the boys to come to the match on Saturday to see hopefully a wonderful expression of our support.
I would like to end to repeat my thanks to all of the support, and that has restored somewhat of my faith into this whole sorry affair.

Am glad your boys are ok, too. just hope the Millwall contingent behave themselves on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yes indeedy!!!

get on to the club NOW.

well, if its any comfort (sure its not) the old bill gave the tosser a proper beating in the concourse as they were booting him out, his slag bird also got a twatting.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
bristolseagull said:
Yes indeedy!!!

get on to the club NOW.

well, if its any comfort (sure its not) the old bill gave the tosser a proper beating in the concourse as they were booting him out, his slag bird also got a twatting.

Karma can be a wondeful thing.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Now posted in Ask The Club about the co-mascot idea, I really hope it happens and the two young lads have a memorable day at Withdean. Kids like this are the future of our club!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Buzzer said:
not a chance. I'm not that brave and I'm not that stupid.

Was this fella big and kinda mean looking?

Attachments

• hg.jpg
    hg.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 468

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
seagull4life said:
Now posted in Ask The Club about the co-mascot idea, I really hope it happens and the two young lads have a memorable day at Withdean. Kids like this are the future of our club!

show some support :bounce:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
porterr said:

I'm glad you had some decent folk around you, to demonstrate to your boys that this thug was the exception. It is difficult bringing your kids at the best of times. My two [6 and 8] are football mad, and I bring them to the family stand at Withdean, but I have never taken them to an away game.

Even at home, they sit there patiently in the rain, watching some fairly average football, then as soon as there is a goalmouth incident everybody jumps to their feet and they miss it because they can't see.

I would still recommend the family stand for your lads Saturday though. The atmosphere is much nicer for them there, and its very good value too.

Let us know what gesture the club makes for them.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Name and shame...

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
eastlondonseagull said:
Any news from the club?

I suggested the mascot idea in ask the club but outsider seemed to avoid my suggestion.

Maybe if someone else suggested as well? Hans Kraay gave support in there too! Cheers mate.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hmm...quote from Insider:

The club safety officer is aware of this incident and is dealing with it. All I would say that it is a great shame that the good behaviour of around 5000 Albion fans is sullied by one fool.

What does 'dealing with it' mean? I do think they should help out the kid, somehow, though. Unless that's also dealt with under the 'dealing with it' line.

???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
eastlondonseagull said:
Hmm...quote from Insider:

What does 'dealing with it' mean? I do think they should help out the kid, somehow, though. Unless that's also dealt with under the 'dealing with it' line.

???
We're not going to know until it's been dealt with. Blimey, give the club a chance to deal with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here