Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was Carpenter shouting and waving.........

D

Deleted User X18H

Oceanic said:
That's a bit out of order. You know full well how hard it is to get tickets. If we had Falmer then no doubt a fair few thousand more would of gone. Trying to get a ticket for withdean is to much hassle. Can't understand why you said that to fellow Brighton fans.

What’s up? Can we help in anyway?
Yeah could you lend me a grand

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
hove born&bred said:
Yeah could you lend me a grand

You don't need it where you live! :rolleyes:

I sit in C and must say I didn't notice Chippy's reaction.

It was probably frustration as he has not been at his best lately!

Hopefully that will improve!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Couldn't see from H block

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm in C and saw his reaction.. he was absolutely ranting about something in the direction of C block - OR - the fans on the running track.. whether is was a bollocking towards the crowd, or more of a 'get behind us instead of moaning' type thing I'm not sure... maybe it was a right dig at the running track fans to not leave the match early!

Seriously though... it was rather heated and it got noticed by the bench as they ALL got up and were looking around to the direction of where he was shouting towards.

Bizarre!

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
From H block at one point he had a right moan up at doddy, he wasn't having a good game.

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
He was having a pop at those on the track. I would imagine they were fed up with his dire preformance (again) and that of the captain (again). No wonder they were leaving early. Paying £20+ to get soaked watching that shit is no laughing matter.

Chippy and Oatway OUT i'm afraid. Please MM have a look at their sell by dates. They should be in with the dented tins and broken boxes.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Oceanic said:
That's a bit out of order. You know full well how hard it is to get tickets. If we had Falmer then no doubt a fair few thousand more would of gone. Trying to get a ticket for withdean is to much hassle. Can't understand why you said that to fellow Brighton fans.

What’s up? Can we help in anyway?

Trying to get a ticket is too much hassle:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would suggest that maybe your just too lazy.

I live in a different country,and often get back to Brighton at short notice.I ALWAYS manage to get a ticket without fail.

If you live in brighton all u have to do is get yourself to the club shop and hand over a few pounds,and if ur not in brighton then a quick phone call to the ticket office generaly secures a ticket.

You cant use that as an excuse for not going:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
There were a lot of people in the block behind the dug out constantly having a go at McGhee and the rest of the team - some of it got quite personal - and i only heard about 5 minutes of it.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if he was having a go at them.

Oct 25, 2003
Jam The Man said:
I'm in C and saw his reaction.. he was absolutely ranting about something in the direction of C block - OR - the fans on the running track.. whether is was a bollocking towards the crowd, or more of a 'get behind us instead of moaning' type thing I'm not sure... maybe it was a right dig at the running track fans to not leave the match early!

Seriously though... it was rather heated and it got noticed by the bench as they ALL got up and were looking around to the direction of where he was shouting towards.

Bizarre!

mr. berry- completely off topic but what do you think of CKR so far and do you see it as money well spent?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The fan's were very quick to get on Carpenter's back yesterday.Yes he was poor on Tuesday and again yesterday but he's been a great servant to this club and I feel some the abuse aimed at him was undue and don't blame him for having a go at some of the fans.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Carpenter has been awful for two games now and with Oatway not peforming either it really shows us up.

Time to drop one of them and play Hammond in the middle.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
tommy boy said:
mr. berry- completely off topic but what do you think of CKR so far and do you see it as money well spent?

I think he will absolutely prove to be money well spent. It's hard to be impartial as not normally would I have such a vested interest in any one player!!! Though in the past with all new players into the club I have given them 100% backing until in my opinion I think enough is enough... that said most of us were wrong about Guy Butters.

I think we all should realise that yesterday was only CKR's 33rd game EVER, and 20 of those have been coming off the bench. Having spoken to him & his Dad(!) I know he is made up to be here, and cannot wait to start delivering the goods. By his own admission he feels he has not had a really good game yet, which is quite humble considering many people on this forum feel he has done alright so far.

He really wants to do well for us, and is determined to do so... as John Byrne said yesterday, players need a good solid run in the team to get going.. 1 full game and 2x70 mins worth tell me to stick with him and the benefit will be obvious in good time.

Not that many footballers set the world alight in their first 3 games. Not that i'm comparing but when Lineker went to Spurs, it took him until his 7th game to score!

Keep the faith! Plus McGhee stated at the time of buying that he will be a player of potential for the future.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
There were a lot of people in the block behind the dug out constantly having a go at McGhee and the rest of the team - some of it got quite personal - and i only heard about 5 minutes of it.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if he was having a go at them.

For McGhee read Adams, Taylor or Coppell. Fans like that are part of the scenery at Withdean, most of them would have been in the West Stand at the Goldstone. Find it hard to believe that people abuse players and the management during the game, with a bit of luck they'll give up bothering to turn out to watch.

Icy Gull said:
For McGhee read Adams, Taylor or Coppell. Fans like that are part of the scenery at Withdean, most of them would have been in the West Stand at the Goldstone. Find it hard to believe that people abuse players and the management during the game, with a bit of luck they'll give up bothering to turn out to watch.

Here's hoping. I still find it incredible that people thought Chippy had a bad game yesterday. It seems once you get tagged as an NSC scapegoat, as Chippy did after Tuesday's game where he was a little below par, it doesn't matter if you play well or not, you are going to get a slagging. Pretty sad.

London Irish said:
Here's hoping. I still find it incredible that people thought Chippy had a bad game yesterday. It seems once you get tagged as an NSC scapegoat, as Chippy did after Tuesday's game where he was a little below par, it doesn't matter if you play well or not, you are going to get a slagging. Pretty sad.

What on earth makes you think that everyone that was having a go at Chippy has anything to do with NSC? FFS aren't you normally one of the first ones to pipe up with 'NSC is not representative of all Brighton fans' whenever some people on here start throwing toys out of the pram?

Same as at all grounds with all clubs, you pay your money so you're entitled to your opinion. Managers and players get used to criticism when things aren't going well, same as they get used to praise when things are.

If Chippy, Charlie, Kerry, whoever is having a bad game then you will always get fans that will get on their backs. Unfortunately certain players will attract criticism regardless of how well they're playing, same as some players seem to be immune from it as they're "legends". :rolleyes:

Quite simply it's the nature of fickle football fans everywhere. About the only club that I know of where you don't really ever see much of that happening is Celtic.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

The thing is in the game I watched yesterday, Carpenter was poor, not sure what one you watched.

I think when it comes to Carpenter, people are noticing that he is having a bad patch as he has been so consitent over the years, that now it is being pointed out that he is out of form.

Am sure he will get through it, but it is a worry at present.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The frustrating thing about Carpenter for me at the moment is he does not seem to shoot as much which is a waste considering he has a good shot on him

That said I cannot remember many players shooting yesterday despite all the possession we had.

Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Quite simply it's the nature of fickle football fans everywhere. About the only club that I know of where you don't really ever see much of that happening is Celtic.

Wasn't that the point I was making? Fair point from you, though, I didn't mean to tag EVERYONE on NSC, but you must agree that an extraordinary number of people on here are having a go at him. It's almost like a delayed reaction from Tuesday, the trollish sharks taste blood and they can't stop gnawing, regardless of the level of performance that is put in.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here