Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What totally irrational hatreds do you have?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Inanimate objects in the kitchen that mess with your life - I've spent a significant proportion of my life down the years (2 minutes 12 seconds to be precise) swearing John Cleese-style at left open cupboard/fridge-freezer doors on which I've banged my head, jars of coffee/rice or containers of liquid that I've knocked over spilling their contents everywhere etc. etc.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Having to explain every time at Mc Donald's that, no I don't want a large meal, a medium please.

People that press for the green man at traffic lights when I'm the only car on the road for 100 miles. Just wait another 4 secs and we can all get on with our lives!!!!

Dec 29, 2011
3) Teenagers/young women who say 'like' about four times in every sentence: 'I'm, like, y'know, kinda, like, such a, like, total, like, airhead.' :shutup:

I've been thinking about this because it's come up a lot recently. In most cases i've come to the conclusion it's fine to say.

"He was, like, 'Oh my God', and then she was, like, 'shut the f*** up.'"

Like means 'similar to', they're saying something similar to 'oh my God', but the story teller is implying maybe that wasn't the exact words used.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Reality Television - although rational to me, i have to concede that it must be irrational to everybody else as it still exists.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Cyclists who free wheel down the middle of the road making it impossible to pass.
Old people who do their shopping at the weekends
Wasps, flies & mozzies
The main singer in One Direction
The bloke in the double glazing advert "You buy one, you get one free"

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
the sound of people eating. makes me want to vomit!

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
1. Polystyrene - When I see it I feel sick, if I touch it I feel sick even more and talk like a retard.

2. Cotton Wool - If i touch it I suck my gums and shack my head

3. The Green Party - need I say more.

4. (Not irrational) but when there are 2 lanes and cars on both sides go the same speed like on the Old Shoreham Road.

5. pencils.

Last edited:

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
People who are constantly checking their facebook on their phones In the streets. It's like a zombie apocalypse :annoyed:

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
1. Polystyrene - When I see it I feel sick, I feel sick even more and talk like a retard.

2. Cotton Wool - If i feel it I suck my gums and shack my head

3. The Green Party - need I say more.

4. (Not irrational) but when there are 2 lanes and cars on both sides go the same speed like on the Old Shoreham Road.

Green party are a bunch of wankers of the highest order. Need I say more.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Not really irrational but hate people shouting at me from elsewhere in a house to get my attention unless it's urgent.
I loathe the sound and feel of phone's on vibrate if they are on a hard surface. Even hate it on T.V, there's a lot of it on police dramas as the copper is woken and the phone goes off on his bedside.
hate the noises the Virgin media package makes when you scan down channels, pop, pop, pop. Yeurgh.

these.

And people in general irritate me. especially loud people.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
People who drop litter
People who don't know how to drive up to, then around a roundabout. Ditto car parks.
Wasps
Chelsea fans
Mindless vandalism and graffitti
People who just want to talk about themselves all the time

Im sure there's more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here