Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What to do about teenage vandals ???

I've just got back from walking the dog, (literally,not the fancy fifties dance) and have just had a few words with some local lads about their behaviour. Basically they were smashing up the swings and I shouted at them to stop etc etc. All I got was a load of abuse and I think if I'd stuck around I would have got me head kicked in. It just really wound me up seeing these 15-16 year olds smashing up a kids play ground, and I felt I had to say some thing. What do you all think ? Should I have just shut up and left well alone or do we have a duty to try and stop stuff when we see it going on.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Well you really should say something, though i agree that most people, me included, probably wouldn't.

The kids do know that a lot of people won't do anything and so they will continue. I guess it human nature to avoid confrontation, and so many people don't bother saying anything

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Franks Wild Years said:
I've just got back from walking the dog, (literally,not the fancy fifties dance) and have just had a few words with some local lads about their behaviour. Basically they were smashing up the swings and I shouted at them to stop etc etc. All I got was a load of abuse and I think if I'd stuck around I would have got me head kicked in. It just really wound me up seeing these 15-16 year olds smashing up a kids play ground, and I felt I had to say some thing. What do you all think ? Should I have just shut up and left well alone or do we have a duty to try and stop stuff when we see it going on.

i think you where right to say something.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cut off their Goolies.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I've been in this situation a couple of times. On both occasions I grabbed hold of the oldest one & asked him if he thought it was big & hard hassling old people, (they were ringing all the buzzers at my Mums flats).
The reaction was the same both times. "You can't touch me I'll tell the police."
That's the sort of scum these clowns are. Only one thing to do, give them a slap, (if possible of course).

:angry:

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
smudge said:

The reaction was the same both times. "You can't touch me I'll tell the police."

The shocking thing is, that if you did touch them, then they are right, they bloody well could tell the police.

That in my eyes is the most stupid thing about it all :nono:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Bring back the birch.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i would generally have a go at them, and then if they said something just tell them you are gay - that usually puts them right off coming over to you, or come out with some extremely complicated sentence using lots of adjectives that they cannot understand

throws the little bastards everytime

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Give em a slap I say! Then hopefully when they call the police they'll be unlucky enough to have me turn up to investigate and piss all over their fireworks!

Seriously, probably best you don't give em a slap as the chances are you'll end up with one of my fresh faced copper colleagues who is barely out of nappies and will be on a mission to nail you.

Best just to call it in on the 0845 number and leave it at that. The best you can hope is that one of the little t0ssers is caught eventually although the chances are they will receive a reprimand or final warning and sent on a rehabilitation holiday to the new forest!!!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
dougdeep said:
Cut off their Goolies.
You are showing your age there Doug...............:lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That is the age old question.

When I was young we used to just hang about, play a bit of footy and not really get up to anything that was too bad.

I guess decent youth clubs not run by people who look like they should be on some kind of register would be a start.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Richie Morris said:
That is the age old question.

When I was young we used to just hang about, play a bit of footy and not really get up to anything that was too bad.

I guess decent youth clubs not run by people who look like they should be on some kind of register would be a start.

But would that really work? When the club closes for the night, guess what's going to happen...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here