Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What to do about teenage vandals ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I was talking about phoning the police....

if they are 8 that might scare them, doubt it at 16

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Incidentally, for whoever suggested the old "we need more bobbies on the beat" solution...

Research proves that having more police officers walking around has absolutely no impact on crime. It serves purely and simply as token reassurance to little old ladies with fond memories of Dixon of Dock Green. For police officers on foot to have any impact at all, you'd need one on every street, which equates to Sussex having about a hundred thousand coppers, instead of the current 3,000.

Lets face it, if you're the sort of little sh1t who's going to run around and smash up bus stops, you'd simply wait until the friendly village copper has tootled off to the next street wouldn't you? People don't stop shoplifting for example, just because the shop has a security guard. They just wait until their backs are turned.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cant be arsed to read the whole thread so heres my two pence on teenagers being TWATS:

1) Bring back THE SLIPPER at school, let thme have a good SHOEING whilst they are young!

2) Sod the EU shite and MAKE them write lines on the white/blackboard...human rights MY ARSE they need to LEARN

3) The ONLY way kids learn is if they are punished severly on get a WRAP on the wrists, wagging fingers and saying "dont do that" does NOT work.

4) Make them do CHORES in detention, like Mowing the school field with a FLYMO or mopping up the hallways floors...you know..tedious jobs that they wont get paid for!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Marc said:
cant be arsed to read the whole thread so heres my two pence on teenagers being TWATS:

1) Bring back THE SLIPPER at school, let thme have a good SHOEING whilst they are young!

2) Sod the EU shite and MAKE them write lines on the white/blackboard...human rights MY ARSE they need to LEARN

3) The ONLY way kids learn is if they are punished severly on get a WRAP on the wrists, wagging fingers and saying "dont do that" does NOT work.

4) Make them do CHORES in detention, like Mowing the school field with a FLYMO or mopping up the hallways floors...you know..tedious jobs that they wont get paid for!

and here endeth the best lesson of the day!! :clap:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Franks Wild Years said:
I've just got back from walking the dog, (literally,not the fancy fifties dance) and have just had a few words with some local lads about their behaviour. Basically they were smashing up the swings and I shouted at them to stop etc etc. All I got was a load of abuse and I think if I'd stuck around I would have got me head kicked in. It just really wound me up seeing these 15-16 year olds smashing up a kids play ground, and I felt I had to say some thing. What do you all think ? Should I have just shut up and left well alone or do we have a duty to try and stop stuff when we see it going on.
My landlord when I was a student had this nutty idea of steam-rolling all local hoolies into the tarmac. Might work with that lot you saw today :nono:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
There are too many decent people getting killed or injured tackling these gangs to make it worth threatening violence or getting involved in a slanging match. Anyway, why stoop to such a neanderthal level?

I saw some kids running across the roof of an infants school one weekend, obviously looking for vandalism opportunities. I nonchalantly told them that the police were on their way and you've never seen kids run so fast.

As for the idea that Thatcher destroyed society ... not sure that these kids or their parents ever got around to reading that particular Guardian article. I think you'll find they were comfortable with the idea of society beginning and ending in their fag-strewn front rooms long before Maggie caught up with that theory.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
They need to be put down a few pegs. They seem to think that they own the area in which they roam/vandalise, only way to teach them is to give them a good slapping.

I dunno, when I was that age I just used to wank & play Kick Off 2. That never did anyone any harm :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here