Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the **** is wrong with some of you

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The standard of play in Div1 is poor so when a below average team holds us to a draw at home make sure management is aware that our attendance at future games cannot be taken for granted,thats the way to ensure some positive action will be taken.
There are some who will turn up week after week despite how poor the results and performance are,they can only look forward to smaller gates.

How do you know that they are a below average team? Until you see all the other teams perform, how can you know which teams are the best, the mediocre and the poor? You can't possibly tell after 4 games of the season. Many teams have had inconsistent results.

I agree that our two home performances have been poor but maybe there is no evidence yet to suggest that Orient or Bristol Rovers are below average.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
How do you know that they are a below average team? Until you see all the other teams perform, how can you know which teams are the best, the mediocre and the poor? You can't possibly tell after 4 games of the season. Many teams have had inconsistent results.

I agree that our two home performances have been poor but maybe there is no evidence yet to suggest that Orient or Bristol Rovers are below average.

Oh,come on.Get a grip.

We are Brighton,and by divine will are better than every other team in this or any other league anywhere.

Therefore,our performances this season are a disappointment in that we have dropped points to lesser teams{QED},despite playing like a refined Brazil at Crewe,and therefore we are allowed to boo and / or leave early and threaten NEVER to return until we are trashing teams who dare to come to our fortress,or next home game if we are a bit fed up with shopping.

Or something.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Oh,come on.Get a grip.

We are Brighton,and by divine will are better than every other team in this or any other league anywhere.

Therefore,our performances this season are a disappointment in that we have dropped points to lesser teams{QED},despite playing like a refined Brazil at Crewe,and therefore we are allowed to boo and / or leave early and threaten NEVER to return until we are trashing teams who dare to come to our fortress,or next home game if we are a bit fed up with shopping.

Or something.

Sorry - should have realised that.

Though the football is boring, it is effective. I never expected champagne football every game, like some of the posters on here, but we are getting results and 4th is great. We never reached 4th last season.

Do you really mean this Brett? We are not effective at home and could/should have lost both league games so far.

It is only frustrating because we know we are not a team of 3rd tier long ball merchants, and can play the ball well (i.e. the 7 pass move for the 2nd agsint Southend)

But that is exactly what we have been in the league at Withdean; the tactics being used are dictated by the coaching/management, not the players, and are both boring and ineffective. They will/have put people off going and undermine the creditable efforts being made by the club's commercial/marketing departments to attract more fans along. However, what puzzles me the most is the SCR/Argus/Seagulls World reports of MA being bewildered, puzzled etc - what at ffs? Himself?

The thing I am worried about is, we have scored the least goals in the top 15 of the league, something that needs to be addressed with an attacking midfielder and another striker

Maybe. Some figures on % retained possession amongst these 15 might be enlightening.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Do you really mean this Brett? We are not effective at home and could/should have lost both league games so far.

I only mean it is effective because we havent lost. I dont disagree that we should have lost against Orient, Bristol I wasnt there so can comment

But that is exactly what we have been in the league at Withdean; the tactics being used are dictated by the coaching/management, not the players, and are both boring and ineffective. They will/have put people off going and undermine the creditable efforts being made by the club's commercial/marketing departments to attract more fans along. However, what puzzles me the most is the SCR/Argus/Seagulls World reports of MA being bewildered, puzzled etc - what at ffs? Himself?

I have been slated on here for calling our tactics long ball and boring, and thats why I started the Results or Performnce thread. I am not disagreeing with you, I know it is boring, and i can just about put up with it as long as we dont loose. As the record stands we are averaging 2 points a game, which is what I think is a successful tally.

It is only frustrating because we are better than that, and it should be a last resort, not the actual tactics.

As for Adams, I guess the tactics used were his fault, as soon as McLeod came on he skinned their full back, got a shot in and fizzed a great cross across the 6 yard box. Then for some reason Adams switched him and Robinson and McLeod became inaffective and we played more long ball

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Adams' reaction to Saturday's performance shows that he regards it as unacceptable. He said in interview he doesn't blame the fans for feeling short-changed.

The fact that we are 4th at this point in time is encouraging but, ultimately, it means f***-all. We could play shit in our next match, drop to 9th and be out of the play-off places. That could easily happen based on how we played against Orient.

I'm a 40 year-old bloke with a family and there's only so many scorching hot summer days I'd be willing to blow out to watch the Albion play like that.

My expectation is to see 2 or 3 players have great games, a couple to have bad games and the rest to perform OK. On Saturday only Forster and Kuipers played well. Whing and Richards were OK, the rest were very poor.

ross02

Sep 21, 2008
horsham

i wish people would stop all this moaning of our beloved seagulls. for those of you who went to southend away this season, you would of seen what tremendous spirt we showed to win an the reason was the REAL FANS got behind the team so why not carry this at home

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
i wish people would stop all this moaning of our beloved seagulls. for those of you who went to southend away this season, you would of seen what tremendous spirt we showed to win an the reason was the REAL FANS got behind the team so why not carry this at home
The real reason was that Southend got a man sent off and for about the only time this season we got the ball down and played it in the last 20 minutes.

The real reason was that Southend got a man sent off and for about the only time this season we got the ball down and played it in the last 20 minutes.

Getting the ball down seems to be a rather poignant indication for why we did well there.
It's certainly not getting carried out at home, who knows WHY we are playing into opposition's hands (their g/k's at least) by floating the high balls to them.

At LEAST try something else during a atch, ffs Adams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here