Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the **** is wrong with some of you

barney

Jul 31, 2006
The statement you made about Murray and 'some will do that' is the type of thing I'm talking about, being fickle. THAT'S THE POINT!! I can't understand why you jumped on the comment and continued to call it stupid as this was my point all along. Fans being fickle.

"I completely agree! Unfortunately you will have these fickle fans (the vast majority I'd imagine), just wait till we get a couple more wins and they'll be praising them again."

that was your first post. nothing to do with murray. nothing to do with fans disliking him.

it was obviously about the team as a whole, hence "they'll be praising them again."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
surely booing the players who turn in a poor performance is par for the course isn't it? I have just watched Chelsea against Tottenham and at the end of the game there were some boos around the ground and Chelsaa and Tottenham play football that is light years ahead of the stuff we play.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
"I completely agree! Unfortunately you will have these fickle fans (the vast majority I'd imagine), just wait till we get a couple more wins and they'll be praising them again."

that was your first post. nothing to do with murray. nothing to do with fans disliking him.

it was obviously about the team as a whole, hence "they'll be praising them again."

oh my god. You really can't be that thick can you?

I didn't say I was talking about Murray, or fans disliking him, that was your example and I agreed that was fickle, therefore I said 'that type of thing' meaning that type of extreme fickleness regardless of the person in the subject!

barney

Jul 31, 2006
oh my god. You really can't be that thick can you?

I didn't say I was talking about Murray, or fans disliking him, that was your example and I agreed that was fickle, therefore I said 'that type of thing' meaning that type of extreme fickleness regardless of the person in the subject!

you said originally people were fickle (i assume with regard to the booing and moaning) yes? but that is not fickle. that is being angry and upset with SHIT performances. and when the performances improve, people will be generally more happy. that is understandable and not fickle.

i'm bored of you now. i will wind you up again soon though :wave:

soon

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
you said originally people were fickle (i assume with regard to the booing and moaning) yes? but that is not fickle. that is being angry and upset with SHIT performances. and when the performances improve, people will be generally more happy. that is understandable and not fickle.

i'm bored of you now. i will wind you up again soon though :wave:

soon

I'll look forward to it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Firstly what the hell does being a sth for 30 years have to do with it. Of course I haven't supported them that long as that is 10 years over my age to begin with. I have supported Brighton for 6 years and have had a season ticket every year and missed a handful of away games in that time, since you got onto it.

I'm not saying it's wrong to criticise and congratulate at all. I completely agree that to watch the game through 'rose tinted specs' and not see fault is ridiculous and I certainly don't do that myself either, I just feel a lot of fans (and this applies to every team) are extremely fickle. Yes we were terrible yesterday, yes we were terrible against Rovers, and yes it's ok to criticise to a certain extent but it's when people go too far unnecessarily is what I'm talking about.

I agree entirely,we are 4th,not been beaten,conceded one goal in open play,and can look forward to more players to join,a good cup draw (man city) and I seem to remember some really shit games in the season before we got to the 1st div under Mr Mullery,and please remember that the players can read this.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Elder...

If you have only been supporting the Abion for 6 years, then you cant possibly have a worthwhile opinion...FACT

Only us old codgers who have been supporting them over 30 years know pain a nd suffering, the great times, the cup finals, the internationals at the Goldstone...all that real football stuff

Young people...know your place!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
This thread has moved on..but i should point out that i don't want us to lose, i just look forward to seeing the scale of moaning when we lose, given that it's already excessive when we're unbeaten!:D

And i DO hope DtG is joking when he says you need to have seen the Albion 30 years ago to have a valid opinion...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Elder...

If you have only been supporting the Abion for 6 years, then you cant possibly have a worthwhile opinion...FACT

Only us old codgers who have been supporting them over 30 years know pain a nd suffering, the great times, the cup finals, the internationals at the Goldstone...all that real football stuff

Quite right Dave, but it's 45 years.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Elder...

Even though I get the feeling you are winding me up, I'm going to comment anyway. :)

You're right, no I don't have much of an opinion on the older stuff. But I don't think how good a fan you are or how much of an opinion you're allowed is based on measure of how long you've been supporting Brighton. Many people on here (and I'm sure there are many) can say they've supported the Albion for X amount of years, but how many games do they actually attend..

Yes, in terms of years I have suported them a lot less, but in that time I've had a season ticket every year, and attended nearly all away games and that gives me the right to my opinion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Even though I get the feeling you are winding me up, I'm going to comment anyway. :)

You're right, no I don't have much of an opinion on the older stuff. But I don't think how good a fan you are or how much of an opinion you're allowed is based on measure of how long you've been supporting Brighton. Many people on here (and I'm sure there are many) can say they've supported the Albion for X amount of years, but how many games do they actually attend..

Yes, in terms of years I have suported them a lot less, but in that time I've had a season ticket every year, and attended nearly all away games and that gives me the right to my opinion.

no it doesnt

I have mised about 10 games a season home and away since 1975 odd..

that makes my opinion far more relevant than yours

and I havent seen them at all this season and I still know they are not as good as wilkins team

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
he went crying to the mods and I get a 2 point red card....cant believe any albion fan would want the team to lose...and the ww moans about everything..well I hope he enjoyed his packed lunch today watching the game
Vulture how dare you have an opinion and be passionate about the club!!! don't rise to WW, he is just a sad little wind up merchant who gets a bigger thrill out of seeing Brighton lose then win, Moderators there is such thing as incitement

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Vulture how dare you have an opinion and be passionate about the club!!! don't rise to WW, he is just a sad little wind up merchant who gets a bigger thrill out of seeing Brighton lose then win, Moderators there is such thing as incitement

:thumbsup:cheers mate

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't see a problem with moaning about the two dire performances we've put in at home in the league so far. The style of football has been dull in the extreme and if we don't see that change then everyone's entitled to continue to moan.

As for our start to the season ? Points wise, not bad at all, of course we'll take that. Four more points wasted though due to very poor performances against two distinctly average sides.

If MA is moaning about our home performances then it surely can't be wrong for the fans to moan too ? That's not being fickle, that's giving honest opinion about what you see. To then go on and rightly praise good performances when they come, doesn't make you fickle either.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
We are 4th...glamour tie against Manchester City....unbeaten in 5 games...it will take a bit of time for the some of the team to gel...As Micky Adams would say keep the faith...

Because - We've had 2 decent away wins and the 2 home games against only half ok teams have let us done. As for the Man City game, it was a draw we could have got anyone!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Though the football is boring, it is effective. I never expected champagne football every game, like some of the posters on here, but we are getting results and 4th is great. We never reached 4th last season.

It is only frustrating because we know we are not a team of 3rd tier long ball merchants, and can play the ball well (i.e. the 7 pass move for the 2nd agsint Southend)

The thing I am worried about is, we have scored the least goals in the top 15 of the league, something that needs to be addresses with an attacking midfielder and another striker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here