Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the hell is Poyets problem

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
What crock of shit. Deary deary me.

Actually Sim, not a crock of shite. Adkins is a manager with lots of clichets - saying what the fans/chairman want to hear - going on about how winning the league was still within reach, when we all knew that 2nd place would do. He just extended that with the 'if they can keep up with us' quipp. It's amazing how Albion fans have jumped on this all over the place.

And then Poyet follows that up with a joke of a comment comparing us to D & R and is now saying this Plymouth fixure was unfair even though Plymouth wanted the change, not us. He's making himself look bitter when he has no reason to be.

I never liked Poyet as a player and certainly don't as a manager, and you dont like our manager so there we go.

So no thats not a crock of shite.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Adkins is a manager with lots of clichets - saying what the fans/chairman want to hear -

what's a clichet?

I mean, the clit bit I get....... and I agree with Redknob that Adkins is full of fanny.

But I've never yet come across a clichet?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I don't expect you to admit it Ben but I believe you went on
The Echo site a few weeks ago and posted homophobic comments if not who is the other Saints Fan describing his home res as Patcham

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Actually Sim, not a crock of shite. Adkins is a manager with lots of clichets - saying what the fans/chairman want to hear - going on about how winning the league was still within reach, when we all knew that 2nd place would do. He just extended that with the 'if they can keep up with us' quipp. It's amazing how Albion fans have jumped on this all over the place.

And then Poyet follows that up with a joke of a comment comparing us to D & R and is now saying this Plymouth fixure was unfair even though Plymouth wanted the change, not us. He's making himself look bitter when he has no reason to be.

I never liked Poyet as a player and certainly don't as a manager, and you dont like our manager so there we go.

So no thats not a crock of shite.
Yes but what's all this shit about us trying to build up a rivalry with Southampton? We're not Bournemouth FFS, we are a proper club and we have a rival of our own.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Echo site a few weeks ago and posted homophobic comments if not who is the other Saints Fan describing his home res as Patcham

It wouldn't surprise me. Albeit from his cyber profile, he would seem to not have a single redeeming feature. Black sheep springs to mind.

Last edited:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

No im Ben Jovi on the Echo, and i've got loads of gay friends. Besides any homophobic comment is an attack on the city as opposed to BHA, so it would an attack on myself seeing as ive lived in Brighton since 1995 and was brought up in Newick then Hurstpierpoint.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No im Ben Jovi on the Echo, and i've got loads of gay friends. Besides any homophobic comment is an attack on the city as opposed to BHA, so it would an attack on myself seeing as ive lived in Brighton since 1995 and was brought up in Newick then Hurstpierpoint.

Conclusion: Both Adkins and Poyet are good managers.

They also both mouth off when it would be better to keep their mouths shut, but the same accusation could be made at a lot of us. They also can be churlish (Adkins re guard of honour and Gus re fixtures)

The Albion and Saints were the best teams in the division this season, we had rivalry, but we are NOT rivals.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

They also both mouth off when it would be better to keep their mouths shut, but the same accusation could be made at a lot of us.

Which is what we all knew all along. It is reporters looking for a story (fair enough) and idiots trying to keep a "row" going that are still banging on.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Yes but what's all this shit about us trying to build up a rivalry with Southampton? We're not Bournemouth FFS, we are a proper club and we have a rival of our own.

Strange though dont you think that there were Albion fans cheering Huddersfields winner in the Station pub, Preston Park on Saturday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Strange though dont you think that there were Albion fans cheering Huddersfields winner in the Station pub, Preston Park on Saturday.
Not really. Those same people were probably cheering Bury when they beat Chesterfield the week before. We really didn't much like the Cheats ten years ago you see, but it doesn't make us their rivals. Southampton this season is much like Reading 9 years ago, and will be all forgotten if our paths don't cross in the coming years.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It was a term someone used on the Saints forum. I guess something to do with the fact he's a bit of a wind bag and a bit greasy ? :shrug:

Pretty damn sweet manager though, so I think I'll settle for a few public outbursts (not that I think this fixture one is anymore than a trashy newspaper trying to develop some sort of rivally) from him while we canter to success thanks very much

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

They also both mouth off when it would be better to keep their mouths shut, but the same accusation could be made at a lot of us. They also can be churlish (Adkins re guard of honour and Gus re fixtures)

The Albion and Saints were the best teams in the division this season, we had rivalry, but we are NOT rivals.

While I agree with the last line I don't the other 2 points. I think saying Adkins name in hte same breath as Poyet is unfair on Gus - Poyet is miles ahead and better.

As for them both mouthing off etc again i'd defend Gus as he kept very very quiet until we were crowned champs and then reacted to Adkins unsporting pathetic jibes. Alsdo I think the guard of honour thing REALLY annoyed Gus. He hasn't done anything like the same as what Adkin's has I assure you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here