Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What shape will the new Albion badge be?

Incidentally ... Martin Perry did complain last night about being compared with Sir Les Patterson on the NSC Fans' Forum thread.

I "represented NSC" by responding ... "Don't blame me if you LOOK like Barry Humphries".

:)

Oct 11, 2005
London
This is all very interesting and comes as complete news to me. After such fantastic feedback on NSC I posted and emailed my designs to several people at the club; Mr Bloom, Mr Perry, Mr Brown etc. and waited to hear their thoughts.........

..........well that was in the spring and guess what, I'm still waiting.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
This is all very interesting and comes as complete news to me. After such fantastic feedback on NSC I posted and emailed my designs to several people at the club; Mr Bloom, Mr Perry, Mr Brown etc. and waited to hear their thoughts.........

..........well that was in the spring and guess what, I'm still waiting.

This puts the Club in a very bad light.

A week ago we were told how the view of the fans were being taken into consideration by the Board.

Well here's an example of that clearly NOT happening. Mayfair's designs got rave reviews and a massive response on here and for the Club to not acknowledge him is pure arrogance. Then, purely as a coincidence, the rumour is they decide on a round badge.

Insider, maybe you'd like to comment? Or will you conveniently duck this thread?

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
KSS, the design consultants, have been working on all aspects of the stadium design for more than ten years. They weren't engaged specifically to do a "badge project". Their brief has included branding the club for the new future. The badge is part of this.

That's a little scary. Lovely though the website is, I don't see any badge redesigns on there... KSS

Personally i would prefer to have a modern version of the dolphins as a logo again, i know many of you would hate it but it is just my opinion. One of the The Dolphins Logo's was very similar to the round Seagulls one.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
10 years? all they needed to do was dig out the old round one that everybody loves. job done

But that doesn't mean some people don't like or even prefer the current one.

That's a little scary. Lovely though the website is, I don't see any badge redesigns on there... KSS

I think if you look a little more closely into them you'll see that Brand Identity & Graphic Design are very much parts of their service, and apart from views expressed on here by a few, they are well regarded for that too. They certainlay aren't just 'Architects'. It's called a multi discipline practice, very common these days.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Personally i would prefer to have a modern version of the dolphins as a logo again, i know many of you would hate it but it is just my opinion. One of the The Dolphins Logo's was very similar to the round Seagulls one.
Why a dolphin?

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
But that doesn't mean some people don't like or even prefer the current one.

I think if you look a little more closely into them you'll see that Brand Identity & Graphic Design are very much parts of their service, and apart from views expressed on here by a few, they are well regarded for that too. They certainlay aren't just 'Architects'. It's called a multi discipline practice, very common these days.

Multi discipline practice? Or as it's more commonly known, 'Jack of all trades..'!

Because it has geographical history and i am sure you know was once part of the club crest and for a very short while our nickname, The Seagulls ....well, it is just a nickname Derek Chapman gave us in response to our Palace rivalry. Like i say everyone has a view of course and i prefer this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here