Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What shape will the new Albion badge be?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Didn't we go through all this a little while ago?
We did, Safeway. We had a 20 page thread discussing all sorts of badge designs on NSC.

NSC, being an independent supporters fan site reflecting the views of a cross section of our fan base.

I wonder what Bozza is getting at?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
can't we just nick the Hollister logo and be done with it?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why couldn't you just ask one of the clique members who were asked to steer it, as a "random cross section" of our fanbase?
Oooh, explain! Have their been discussions with some fans? Has that prompted Bozza's "Do you think you're consulted by the club?" thread?

(I appreciate you might not know the answers!)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
BHA%20Coffer.JPG

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oooh, explain! Have their been discussions with some fans? Has that prompted Bozza's "Do you think you're consulted by the club?" thread?

(I appreciate you might not know the answers!)
I simply don't know

??? But so long as the seagull is flying, and it doesn't look like another clubs badge eh?
To be honest Phil, I find it a trivial subject personally. Like most, I prefer the round badge, but in all honesty, I don't really care as long as the seagull remains more or less unchanged and the focus of any club badge/crest. And nobody being consulted in their right minds is going to alter that.

It honestly bothers me more that Attilla the whelcher has been allowed to spin his crap music seemingly catering to the over 50s (and dull poetry) for the past 10 years. Not that this is important either really.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What if it has turned round and is flying from left to right?

That would go against the basic laws of heraldry as all animals on shields should turn to face the enemy rather than be seen as fleeing.

I suggested it a few years ago and Tim carder was really unimpressed with it on that basis and he showed me the heraldic research

I also later understood that Barry Lloyd suggested it in 1992 and was castigated by John Campbell and Dennis Sullivan who were directors at the time for the same reasons.

but so was Ray Bloom a director then - and indeed he still is.

So in summary any change of bird direction would be bad kharma, not very feng shui or just downright stupid.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What if it has turned round and is flying from left to right?

A change of direction eh? So long as it is flying, and not looking like WWs badge, can't believe they didn't spot that themselves. You might have thought KSS would have done a littl ebit more research....

A little bird tells me ...

... it might be soaring into the future.

Very quirky.

mmm, a flying, no soaring, seagull, not in profile, but in silhouette would be nice

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Anyway the poll options were going to be;

a) Round

or

b) Round

so the club have restricted to that.

as long as they havn't turned the bird round.............'no good will come of this. I tell ya, no good!'

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I wonder what Bozza is getting at?

I don't get this or the other thread. Is there some discontent that some fans that used to be in the know no longer are, or are some still in the know and want to show it by refering to 'a little bird'?.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
http://www.nashvillescene.com/imager/f***-that/b/original/1486971/eaa7/ScaryAssGull.jpg

3D version of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here