Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What shape will the new Albion badge be?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Multi discipline practice? Or as it's more commonly known, 'Jack of all trades..'!

In your opinion of course. I happen to know KSS, I've worked with them on a number of projects. They employ over 100 staff, all skilled in specific areas. Yes they are lead by architecture, but they also have directors and associates who are part of their significant Graphic Design and Brand Identity team, they also have wayfinding consultants. They are all skilled and qualified in their own field, and allow KSS to offer a comprehensive service. I really don't understand why people struggle with this concept, it's been going on for years, there are many excellent multi disipline groups, BDP are one of the very biggest, KSS is the one the Albion chose.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
30x91mo.gif

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Because it has geographical history and i am sure you know was once part of the club crest and for a very short while our nickname, The Seagulls ....well, it is just a nickname Derek Chapman gave us in response to our Palace rivalry. Like i say everyone has a view of course and i prefer this.
As you say, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I personally think it's very odd when we were only known as the Dolphins for a very short time.

I'm not sure about the 'geographical history' bit, There WERE dolphins kept in Brighton, but again only for a very short time. It is however part of the old Brighton town crest.

You are wrong about one thing: Derek Chapman did NOT give us the name 'seagulls', it came spontaneously from the fans. Unlike the 'dolphins' nickname which was manufactured.

As you say, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I personally think it's very odd when we were only known as the Dolphins for a very short time.

I'm not sure about the 'geographical history' bit, There WERE dolphins kept in Brighton, but again only for a very short time. It is however part of the old Brighton town crest.

You are wrong about one thing: Derek Chapman did NOT give us the name 'seagulls', it came spontaneously from the fans. Unlike the 'dolphins' nickname which was manufactured.

I used the wrong wording hear, i did mean it being part of the old Brighton crest. Derek Chapman enforced this so i understand though. I was aware about the original chants from the fans. I do not dislike seagulls however and i think a more modern version of our old round seagulls badge would be good. I just prefer 'The Dolphins' but know that would never happen or certainly be at all popular.

Feb 14, 2010
Round badge or no badge and just a soaring seagull with Brighton and Hove Albion F.C. written underneath.
. I meant to add that DK was ace for the Albion but the shield was/is naff and not unique at all. We look like any other lower division club with a shield. In short the shield is shit, it has to go.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So rather than trying to work out the riddles and reading through all this is Bozza trying to say we def have a new badge from next season?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yes Sheebo, there is.

Then again, many on here expect it will be designed by an Illustrator jockey like me, and it will be shit.

Personally, I think it will be stunning, and befitting of our new stadium and a new era for the club. And I think it won't look like anything that anyone on here has been guessing at, and it certianly won't be anything like anything any of us comes up with.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks Phil. As i said on the other thread I really like our current badge!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Personally I would love the old round logo again. Thats always been my favourite and i'm 28 so have worn the shield on most of my shirts. Nothing against the shield, I quite like it, but I prefer the round logo and would love to wear that again as it was with no changes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here