Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What SCARS have you got, and how did you GET them ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have scars on the right side of my neck as a result of having surgery for cancer but people when they find out I had a pub in the East end of London think it is for being 'bottled' or similar.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is a good thread! Are we the most scarred set of fans? Certainly looks like it.

Scar on the top of my head from falling (pushed) backwards over a wall and cracking my head open on a step. (8 staples)

Scartissue on my knees from astroturf wounds.

Little scar on my forehead from leaning my head against a wall in prep school and there was a little nail poking out.

Scar on my left shin from using a machete cutting bamboo and slipping over at the same time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BarrelofFun said:
Scar on my left shin from using a machete cutting bamboo and slipping over at the same time.
Where the hell were you ? Hacking your way up the Amazon ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Let's not start on mental scars. :nono:

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Scar in left eyebrow from the end of an automatic umbrella with no cap on fired at me by a girl at school

Scar on end of nose from having lump removed

Scar on right index finger knuckle (four stitches) after lipping with an allen key whilst tightening up a tool at work

Numerous smaller scars on hands and forearms from metal cuts (occupational hazard)

Scar on right knee Eight and a half inches long (thirty stitches) from cruciate ligament operation

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Scar on my forefinger right hand from a carving knife when I was about 8.
A small dent in my right shin from a hockey match at school.
A chicken pox scar on my nose.
A 6 inch abdominal scar (bikini line) from 3 different ops (they used the same scar to re-open me)

Nice stud hole on my left knee where I went and dived at the feet of an on-rushing roward (his boot stuck in my knee-cap).

and one at the base of right hand little finger where I fell through a double glazed plate glass window, and had to have some serious stiching without an anasthetic:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
i've got a loverly 7 and a 1\2 inch scar on my stomach from a little bit of inturnal bleeding a couple of years ago.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
6 scars.
scar 1. from when i was about 7 or 8 and stood behind my grandad as he was practicing his golf. just before he drove the ball with his old half wood half metal 1 wood, golf club, he said "step back a little bit" i took the little bit literally. on the tail end of his full drive was my forehead. split my head a little and blood everywhere. i got away with only 3 stiches though. but they have left a scar.

scar 2. playing football. as i was attacking down the right wing (very rare for me as full back), opposing full back slid in taking my ankle with him. i had 2 screws put into the bottom of my ankle to hold it together. and epidural so i could watch the whole operation. fascinating stuff.

scar 3. at work and slipped with the hacksaw whilst cutting some metal. the way i had to hold the metal meant that my other hand was underneath the blade. not much blood buti could see cartiledge or whatever it was. it was pure white and looked like bone but dont think it was.

scar 4. half way up my arm. gauged a chunk of skin and flesh on a bolt that was sticking out at work.

scars 5 & 6. just under my knees i have a big dent on either side from when a cherry picker was reversed into me squashing me to the wall for about 3 minutes. the main distribution board and trunking we had put up on the wall had all got crushed by my body. and had to have 2 weeks off of work.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Got a scar on my abdomen from when i had peritonitis, one on the palm of my hand from a knife, one on my forearm from glass, big one on my leg from glass also, and one over my eye from a sovereign ring!
And i bet your mates call you..........lucky:lolol: :lolol:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I was at a folk festival with my parents, must have been about 10 or 11, and desperately needed a slash. I couldn't be arsed facing the queue or the stench for the portaloos so legged it to the hedge at the other side of the field and attempted to vault it. Sadly the hedge was covering up a meaty barbed wire fence and I didn't get the clearance required so ended up tearing 3 sizeable chunks out of my left leg. I collapsed in agony, to see my bloody flesh hanging from the barbs.

Needed to get me a tetanus jab that day, amongst other things...

And the 3 scars remain, along with two further scars on my left knee both gained from falling down sand dunes in southern France whilst holidaying in my youth AND a scar on my bottom lip from when I ate a dinky toy as a baby (apparantly)

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
On Easter Saturday last year I was rushing home to watch the England match on TV when I fell and broke my femur. I've now got a six inch scar on my thigh following an operation to fix the break with what the orthopaedic surgeons call a dynamic hip screw. Believe me, having a femur in two bits is more painful than childbirth, but I didn't cry once.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Verticle scar above my left eyebrow from a skateboard accident about 5 years ago, burns scars on my wrist from where i pulled the chord of an iron and it landed on me when i was about 2 years old.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Trish said:
Believe me, having a femur in two bits is more painful than childbirth, but I didn't cry once.
Watching England can be more painful than childbirth too.............

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Easy 10 said:
it still feels a bit "funny" to this day when I touch myself

:lolol: ;)

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Easy 10 said:
I have a large scar on my right knee. This happened when I fell over when rollerskating down a hill. I hit a crack in the path, fell forward, landed on my knees, and one of them got RIPPED OPEN by a paving slab that was sticking up. Such was the force when I landed that I actually got a hole ripped in my jeans - when I peered inside the tear, there was a huge red GASH smiling at me, and I nearly passed out, before staggering home crying like a girl. Had some MAJOR stitchery performed, and it still feels a bit "funny" to this day when I touch myself there.

I also have a small-ish scar on the left of my FOREHEAD. This happened when I was sliding down the garden on slippery wet grass, before I hit a dry bit, fell forward, and smashed my head on some tiles. Blood everywhere, all in my eye. I staggered in, crying like a girl. My dad had to get out the BATH and drive me to casualty, where an asian man stitched up my head. I whimpered throughout the ordeal, and nearly cried again when my mum recoiled in HORROR at the mere sight of me.

I also have a little crater-type scar next to my left eyebrow. This is where I picked a massive CHICKENPOX scab off cos it was all itchy. I didn't cry that time though.

Ooh, and I've got a scar on my CHIN where I had a nightmare on holiday once, woke up scared, and ran across the bed to open the curtains. For some reason I thought leaping at them would be the best way to open them quickly, but I forgot about the window and crashed straight through it, landing outside on the balcony and splitting my chin in the process.

Anyone else got some SCAR stories ?

Same (with the knee) but it was because i was running for a bus and tripped over a paving slab and bye bye to a bit of flesh and blood on another:wave:

5 infected stitches later (who said the NHS was shit) a 5 inch round scar

And and a scar on my right index finger from a sharp chisel in woodwork making a box, then made a quality table and its amazing!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here