Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What s your favourite Brighton & Hove Station?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Has to be Hove for me, always brings back memories of going through the ticket barrier, then down that graffiti-scarred staircase by the Cliftonville, on the way to the Goldstone. Unfortunately until recently they have been sad memories, superseded by a certain building project. I still occasionally go via Hove Station to the County Ground, though I must admit I usually go with the old man and we drive, sorry public transport lobby. Brighton though is an absolute architectural classic.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
on the ace rider network as posted.

ace rider was a discount travel scheme for kids in brighton and hove in the 80s. you did not live here then i guess.

I thought the Ace Rider was for buses only? Certainly I remember using it to get to Newhaven for 10p from Hollingbury.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh and Brighton station. Being that as a kid I was always going to London with the parents so it was always from Brighton itself.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Hove Station, never went to Goldstone, so love to imagine what this fine Victorian station was like on match days.

Also like the suburban commuter feeling of Preston Park Station with the views from station. Though a very basic station with little facilities brings back memories of being stuck there waiting for last train with no toilets on cold evening after quiz night, with a certain Mr McCarthy.

Also agree Brighton stations great itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here