Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What s your favourite Brighton & Hove Station?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Aldrington or Aldrington Halt as it used to be called was where the branch line to Devils Dyke met the coast railway line. When the Dyke railway line closed the station remained.

Very handy for me as I live near Aldrington though!

Ah so you're the person that uses that station, I knew you were hiding somewhere!

I often get one of the last trains back from Chichester and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone get on or off at Aldrington, annoys me every time.

My favourite has to be Brighton itself, it is a pretty impressive old building

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Timbuctoo is in Mali.
Is that part of Brighton or Hove? :shrug:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Aldrington, some how, despite being able to see Hove from teh platform and would have been able to see Portslade were it not for teh bushes and curve of the track, yet still remains, oh and i live like next to it so its fantastic for getting to Withers adn then to Falmer!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Don't need the library, I remember from when I lived in Sussex in the 70s. The northbound carriageway of Boundary Road, Portslade was in West Sussex

You mean Station Road, but it's not, it's East Sussex

Ah so you're the person that uses that station, I knew you were hiding somewhere!

I often get one of the last trains back from Chichester and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone get on or off at Aldrington, annoys me every time.

My favourite has to be Brighton itself, it is a pretty impressive old building

I caught a train from Aldrington to London Victoria the other day (changed at Hove) & bought my ticket at Victoria. The ticket collector said that in an average week about 2 people buy a return ticket to Aldrington from him!

So who is the other one?

I caught a train from Aldrington to London Victoria the other day (changed at Hove) & bought my ticket at Victoria. The ticket collector said that in an average week about 2 people buy a return ticket to Aldrington from him!

So who is the other one?

Most people would have bought one from the conductor, or used Hove ticket office or would have a season ticket.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I would have to say my favourite train station in Brighton & Hove is, erm, Brighton.

What a random thread!

lilley_narrowweb__300x444,0.jpg

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Who's that then? :shrug:

Anyhoo, London Road is also my favourite station. I grew up about 100 yards from it, and live just 500 yards from it now.

Just a retro Mr Benn reference.

Yes I love London Road station. I have never lived close to it though, or had the need to use it for transport, except once I think going to Newhaven with a pal who lived close. In my mind Newhaven is a bus ride not a train ride. Perhaps thats why it fascinates me, an artery out of town that I have seldom used, that entire line.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yes I love London Road station. I have never lived close to it though, or had the need to use it for transport, except once I think going to Newhaven with a pal who lived close. In my mind Newhaven is a bus ride not a train ride. Perhaps thats why it fascinates me, an artery out of town that I have seldom used, that entire line.

I use it every day, and from August next year, every other Saturday as well.

I suppose it's something I've grown up with an am used to - a railway station in a quiet(ish) suburban setting.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I use it every day, and from August next year, every other Saturday as well.

I suppose it's something I've grown up with an am used to - a railway station in a quiet(ish) suburban setting.

yes I just noticed your fish thing. That is very funny. They have to be from Newhaven and not Lewes those kids. The daftness plus the fact Newhaven kids will know what a cod is.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Fishersgate. Glamour area, up there with West brompton

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
on the ace rider network as posted.

ace rider was a discount travel scheme for kids in brighton and hove in the 80s. you did not live here then i guess.

No, didn't move to Brighton til 98. I feel somehow that my youth has been wasted checking out other counties rather than riding the Ace Rider bus service. Although we did have a bus service called Camberley Coaches and I would go in and out of town on that sometimes. You did not live in Camberley then I guess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here