Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Atheist

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Those options reveal an almost unbelievable ignorance of Christianity in Britain.

Two options only? Anglican and Catholic?

What about the three million PRACTISING Christians in the UK who are neither of these? There are more practising Presbyterians, Methodists and Baptists in Britain than there are regular attenders at Anglican churches. To say nothing of the independent and pentecostal churches.

Thanks, you've posted word for word what I was thinking.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I see that once again it is the atheists who want to cause trouble. Funny thing is, so many of them seem to think it is religion that causes the trouble. I think we can see from NSC that this is not the case.

Hang on, that's a bit of a sweeping statement, as an Atheist I could care less about any religion and it's agenda as long as it's not bothering me. I think, using straight logic, that believing in any form of higher authority based on nothing more than myth and superstition (which from what I can see all religions are) I'll consider it rubbish.

However, there are a some positives, a lot of people who have empty lives find great solace in their religion. It's only when they decide to kill people who take the piss out of them that it bothers me.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Where's the option for "Pagan"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
isnt pagan covered by agnostic really? believe i somthing, but nothing really fixed? ;)

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I'm with Frank on this one. I'm athiest, but I used to attend Catholic Mass with the ex just to keep the peace. Although the English speaking version was at 8:30 on a Sunday morning which was a bit of a struggle.

It also gave me a chance to scrub up and look dapper on a Sunday. ;)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Those options reveal an almost unbelievable ignorance of Christianity in Britain.

Two options only? Anglican and Catholic?

What about the three million PRACTISING Christians in the UK who are neither of these? There are more practising Presbyterians, Methodists and Baptists in Britain than there are regular attenders at Anglican churches. To say nothing of the independent and pentecostal churches.

Quite. I'm an atheist now, thank god. But I was brought up a Protestant and certainly no Anglican.

Dandyman

In London village.
And what about the different versions of Islam then, there are at least two faiths there?

Actually I think there should only be one option to cover the Jews, the Christians and Muslims, seeing as how they all worship the same God.

How DARE you put the chosen people in the same group as bunch of filthy goys.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
it should'nt matter what faith people follow.. can't we all just get along?

I hate it when people comment like that.It's never going to happen.Check out your history

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
what sort of a poll is this???
one that doesn't really understand what it is talking about thats what it is.

to ask 'what religion are you?' anglican or catholic is just mad. anglicans and catholics are really all one as we believe in the same thing.

the actual vote should have been 'christian' which is what we all are under those two banners.

and by the way, religious, is not something that most christians that truly 'get god' would admit to being. religion is about buildings, rules and 'smells and bells' but really following Jesus is about loving others as yourself etc.

It brings true meaning and purpose to all of our lives.

Over and out,

Rev Withdean and I

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
50% atheists? I bet not many messageboards can boast that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here