Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what Reading are saying on their Boards....

theroyal

May 11, 2014
That's about how I saw it too, from the away end -- my, didn't we look and sound good?
ps Blackman was the best player on the pitch. He'll be playing in the PL soon, but I doubt it will be with you.

You were good but we've had louder full away ends this season and were quiet after the equaliser. Blackman was great indeed, if a little selfish at times.

I wouldn't know what year it was in the charts as i'm not a palace fan, but i notice you leapt onto that inaccuracy with great aplomb. Palace :tosser:

This.

How anyone can get their jollies like this is mighty confusing.

Must be a Palace thing.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wouldn't know what year it was in the charts as i'm not a palace fan, but i notice you leapt onto that inaccuracy with great aplomb. Palace :tosser:

I believe that Tottenham's Dave Clark Five released it in 1963 and it charted in January 1964. Did Palace even exist then? I thought we invented them in 1976.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
As you are a Palace fan then I agree that Palace and Reading are very similar. Both fans needs top flight football before people will watch them in decent numbers, both fans bang drums and neither would have survived the Albions decline since 84 and then the Archer, Gillingham and Withdean years. Brighton and Hove Albion however have more to them as an institution, probably best summed up by the clubs songs. Your lot run out to a naff 70s pop song, where as the Albion run out to the song that people went to war with in the Boer War and World War 1&2. Also neithe Palace or Reading have a major trophy in their history unlike us. Yes I agree Palace and Reading are very similar.

Palace and Reading similar... I think you need to have a look in the mirror WCP.

Loses covered by rich benefactor - check.
New stadium built out of town with poor transport links - check
Dreadful atmosphere at new ground out of town - check
JCL fans that have turned up with the building of the out of town ground with poor transport links - check
Identical Blue and white strip kit that is always overshadowed by other bigger and better clubs (QPR and Sheffield Weds) - check
Both teams have distinctly average away support (numbers and noise) - check
Tarquin middle class support - check
Town/city not known for football - check
Spanish night - che ....maybe not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here