Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what Reading are saying on their Boards....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Perhaps their MASSIVE number of fans were watching their second team in the premiership

You could say that many of OUR fans have reverted to doing that this season. Well they've disappeared to somewhere on a Saturday, we're top of the league, and the crowds are smaller than last season, and smaller than the season before.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Am fairly convinced by his posting style this is Jimbob5 reincarnated.

Who was outed as a Palace fan.

Edit.

Not you, the helmet you quoted.
That's what I thought, and he has been placed on 'The Palace Watchlist' already :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Might as well. if you throw 2 points away you might as well gamble but it's not in their DNA and it's why they won't go up.

1st rule of fishing on opponent's forum

Try referring to the team you are purporting to support as 'us' rather than 'they' :lolol:

:tosser:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You could say that many of OUR fans have reverted to doing that this season. Well they've disappeared to somewhere on a Saturday, we're top of the league, and the crowds are smaller than last season, and smaller than the season before.

I don't know that the crowds are smaller, at least real attendance-wise. I think most of last season's stay away STH didn't renew, but a lot of them are back on a weekly basis and the number of people watching has increased, it's just there are fewer seats than last season that are paid for and not used.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
It was only one brand-new new poster on that board though, no one else seemed to have that attitude.
We've got more than enough knobs on here saying the same thing about other clubs.
I think we have marginally more potential and all things being equal would get a couple of thousand or so more on the gate than Reading post respective honeymoons.
I don't think there is anything outrageous on their forum. The comment about 'less than 10K fans at the Withdean' was pretty dumb for obvious reasons.
We might also have a bigger forum but then a proportionately higher band of middle aged school children on this forum. Apologies to school children. Maybe I should say middle aged delinquents.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
I think we have marginally more potential and all things being equal would get a couple of thousand or so more on the gate than Reading post respective honeymoons.
I don't think there is anything outrageous on their forum. The comment about 'less than 10K fans at the Withdean' was pretty dumb for obvious reasons.
We might also have a bigger forum but then a proportionately higher band of middle aged school children on this forum. Apologies to school children. Maybe I should say middle aged delinquents.

As you are a Palace fan then I agree that Palace and Reading are very similar. Both fans needs top flight football before people will watch them in decent numbers, both fans bang drums and neither would have survived the Albions decline since 84 and then the Archer, Gillingham and Withdean years. Brighton and Hove Albion however have more to them as an institution, probably best summed up by the clubs songs. Your lot run out to a naff 70s pop song, where as the Albion run out to the song that people went to war with in the Boer War and World War 1&2. Also neithe Palace or Reading have a major trophy in their history unlike us. Yes I agree Palace and Reading are very similar.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think the comparison between Reading and Palace is a bit unfair, yes their drums are similarly cringe worthy, one ground is dumped in a retail park, the other is just a dump minus the retail park..... but be fair, Reading is posher than Palace.....which is hardly a compliment i suppose.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
As you are a Palace fan then I agree that Palace and Reading are very similar. Both fans needs top flight football before people will watch them in decent numbers, both fans bang drums and neither would have survived the Albions decline since 84 and then the Archer, Gillingham and Withdean years. Brighton and Hove Albion however have more to them as an institution, probably best summed up by the clubs songs. Your lot run out to a naff 70s pop song, where as the Albion run out to the song that people went to war with in the Boer War and World War 1&2. Also neithe Palace or Reading have a major trophy in their history unlike us. Yes I agree Palace and Reading are very similar.
Which 70s pop song? What year was it in the charts?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

This major trophy? Where is it? Did you melt it down and flog it off in North Street? When was it last played for?

And your bknowledge of pop music, especially that picked by the legendary John Henty himself, is very poor. Did you sing a version of Sussex By The Sea in 1983? how high in the charts did it6 get?

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
1st rule of fishing on opponent's forum

Try referring to the team you are purporting to support as 'us' rather than 'they' :lolol:

:tosser:
Sorry. I grew up. Admittedly later than I should have done. By the way, shouldn't it be 'Watford Nil'? Oh no. As you were.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
This major trophy? Where is it? Did you melt it down and flog it off in North Street? When was it last played for?

And your bknowledge of pop music, especially that picked by the legendary John Henty himself, is very poor. Did you sing a version of Sussex By The Sea in 1983? how high in the charts did it6 get?

Oh dear. Go and learn some football history young Nigel.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Oh dear. Go and learn some football history young Nigel.

Ok knowitall.

1)Who is John Henty?

2) What relevance does he have to the history of (A) Brighton and Hove Albion and (B) Crystal Palace?

3) What BBC radio station did John Henty help to start in 1968 (give or take a year)?

4) Which football club does John Henty support?

Take your time. Use the internet if you have to. I don't need to I know him - a bit. And I read his autobiography.

Ok knowitall.

1)Who is John Henty?

2) What relevance does he have to the history of (A) Brighton and Hove Albion and (B) Crystal Palace?

3) What BBC radio station did John Henty help to start in 1968 (give or take a year)?

4) Which football club does John Henty support?

Take your time. Use the internet if you have to. I don't need to I know him - a bit. And I read his autobiography.

Why do you always have to turn threads into palace related bollox?

Very, very tiresome.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not really. We reacted very well to going a goal down but I felt Reading perhaps could've won and I'm gutted we didn't. However, 1-1 isn't unfair on either side.

I don't know who the caller was who said Brighton are the worst side to come to the Madejski, but he's clueless.

That's about how I saw it too, from the away end -- my, didn't we look and sound good?
ps Blackman was the best player on the pitch. He'll be playing in the PL soon, but I doubt it will be with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here