Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what Reading are saying on their Boards....

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Gareth Barry, John Robinson and Dean Hammond. Check.
Don't understand some of the other points. Check.

Mea culpa, I remembered later Gareth Barry was initially coached at Brighton. He certainly is Premiership class. Which is of course why he left, before even playing in the first team, right?

JR who? Dean Hammond did have a few seasons at Southampton agreed but Premiership class? He ended back with you..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mea culpa, I remembered later Gareth Barry was initially coached at Brighton. He certainly is Premiership class. Which is of course why he left, before even playing in the first team, right?

JR who? Dean Hammond did have a few seasons at Southampton agreed but Premiership class? He ended back with you..

He was on loan to us but then went to Leicester, so back in the Premier League.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Gareth Barry netted us £1m at a time when we were really struggling financially. Of course we could have kept him and not bothered to pay our bills, like your club did. Twice.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

Palace-strongly against modern football but if the premiership had a c*** they'd suck it

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Palace-strongly against modern football but if the premiership had a c*** they'd suck it

That was hilarious. CPFC 2010 Ltd "Against Modern Football". The ultimate plastic, modern noddy club and they waved that banner with no hint of irony.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

article-2614501-1D6781EE00000578-680_634x414.jpg

150214-084-Palace-Liverpool.jpg

palacetwats.png

palacetwats2.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That was hilarious. CPFC 2010 Ltd "Against Modern Football". The ultimate plastic, modern noddy club and they waved that banner with no hint of irony.

At the end of the day, Palace were regularly getting gates of 12,000 in their play-off season. The 20,000 they got for our game was a massive anomaly and was swelled by 3,500 travelling fans. Even our 0-0 play-off game had 2,000 empty seats.

So I for one find it galling than these gimps come on here accusing us of being plastic or noddy or whatever when that lot are clearly only interested in "Premier league footer" as evidenced by the fact that their squalid little ground is suddenly overflowing with excitable little Nigels.

And never ever forget that fabled statistic that I first managed to dig up several years ago, and has been completely ignored by these snivelling, pen-pushing whelchers:
1979 v Burnley Attendance 51,700
1984 v Wimbledon, attendance 4,005

Same division, with one promotion and one relegation in between. 90% of fans suddenly forgot where Selhurst was. The very definition of plastic.

Feb 14, 2010

Like you I dont quite follow how a club whose fans only turn up when they are in the Premier League then have a banner against it. When not playing Premier League, Palace are a club who need to give away free tickets and let adults use kids season tickets for evening games, as they really struggled for midweek games to break 10,000. They regularly got less than 12000 paying to watch them in the Championship, the rest of the crowd (when they got more than 12000) made up of freebies and away fans. Now in the Premier League, hey ppresto they get people to pay to watch them (or more likely the opposition). I suppose its because palace are a middle class club and always have been. The Cantona incident shows that, with all those Man U fans wearing their colours in the home end (see the photo). Brighton however have had a more challenging history but have at its heart backing it a town "whose inhabitants look as if they are helping police with enquiries" as the famous quote goes. The Albion are just lucky with its regional support, so are Norwich and Newcastle. It's not palace's fault that their support is so inferior, but they shouldn't be waving banners around when they don't turn up unless they are playing in the Premier League.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
'They're not really that good are they? Looking at their most recent 18 man match day squad, alright I don't watch them every week but no real stand out players there. We definitely have a more in depth squad with better individuals. For example, Vydra, Sa and Blackman are (or should be) miles better than Baldock, Hemed and Zamora...

Then again any average team that is a half decent unit with the right tactics, some team spirit and a resulting win streak can win this league, as we know from our last title winning campaign in 2011/12.'

'Vydra went to play, went to play for Reading
Matej Vydra
Ingermarson (sp?)
Stevie Sidwell
Managed by Coppell
They’re so bitter
WENT TO PLAY FOR READING

0-2 after early sending off
21,500 as the biggest team in England can't sell out their allocation'

'They really do think they are a big club. It's laughable .

They are similar in stature to us but most of them think they're so much better.

I hope we smash them.

Actually no, i hope they completely batter us but we win from a Blackman handball in 94th minute after only 2 minutes were added on with our only attack of the day.

They can then oxf*rd off back to Brighton whinging.'

'We'll be fired up to turn things around after the Fulham collapse, and Brighton havent played anybody really decent yet so their position at the top could be somewhat misleading'

All rather amusing in hindsight.
Just the 24-point gap.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
'They're not really that good are they? Looking at their most recent 18 man match day squad, alright I don't watch them every week but no real stand out players there. We definitely have a more in depth squad with better individuals. For example, Vydra, Sa and Blackman are (or should be) miles better than Baldock, Hemed and Zamora...

Then again any average team that is a half decent unit with the right tactics, some team spirit and a resulting win streak can win this league, as we know from our last title winning campaign in 2011/12.'

'Vydra went to play, went to play for Reading
Matej Vydra
Ingermarson (sp?)
Stevie Sidwell
Managed by Coppell
They’re so bitter
WENT TO PLAY FOR READING

0-2 after early sending off
21,500 as the biggest team in England can't sell out their allocation'

'They really do think they are a big club. It's laughable .

They are similar in stature to us but most of them think they're so much better.

I hope we smash them.

Actually no, i hope they completely batter us but we win from a Blackman handball in 94th minute after only 2 minutes were added on with our only attack of the day.

They can then oxf*rd off back to Brighton whinging.'

'We'll be fired up to turn things around after the Fulham collapse, and Brighton havent played anybody really decent yet so their position at the top could be somewhat misleading'

All rather amusing in hindsight.
Just the 24-point gap.

Not sure what game or date those comments refer to, I suspect the match at Reading earlier in the season but doubt very much it was last nights considering Blackman now plays for Derby County. Old comments that have little relevance now.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not sure what game or date those comments refer to, I suspect the match at Reading earlier in the season but doubt very much it was last nights considering Blackman now plays for Derby County. Old comments that have little relevance now.

The thread is from November. I thought it was amusing how deluded they were back then (and doubtless still are now).
Better squad. Lolz.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don't think he is that far out with some of his comments. He maybe underestimates some of the quality we have in our squad now though. When we went to their place we were delighted with the draw expecting them to figure this season with their squad. They have underachieved and he is telling the squad to toughen up.

To be honest, I agree with what he's said. I don't think there is much between th squads, and that showed last night, but the difference is we've had a good season and we were playing for something, and they looked like they didn't care until the second half.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Well Blackman is with Derby, not so sure he plays for them that often. They're fond of putting £6m midfielders on the bench too. It's the Derby way you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here