Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What race do you consider Barack Obama to be?

What race do YOU consider Barack Obama to be?

• Black

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • White

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Mixed

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • Fence

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I just want to state my agreement with this and my slimmer cousin's endorsement.

As UNESCO has it, there is only one race - the human race.

Well, that's just not true but we are all human beings. That is kind of like saying there is only one breed of dog. Clearly wrong.

To deny that there are different races on the planet is slightly arrogant, falsely moralistic and a bit childish.

Conversely, to say that yes, there are different races and we should all get on together (except sheep shaggers, sweaties and Mick bastards) is not racist.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I'm just glad we won't have any more pointless hours of election coverage on our screens night after night. It also means about 500 BBC staff will have nothing to do for the next four years.

(If he is dead within 6 months then he was black).

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Exactly, who cares what "colour" he is.

Some of the idiots who voted for him.

And I don't mean this in a racist way or am I against his politics.......but it is clear that a number of voters voted for him for one reason, this being that he is black, in the same way that many voted for McCain because he is white

Now we only need the USA to elect a working class or even a lower middle class President, instead of just being a club of the super rich.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Under the work I do he would be classified as 'African American/African Heritage'

Some of the idiots who voted for him.

And I don't mean this in a racist way or am I against his politics.......but it is clear that a number of voters voted for him for one reason, this being that he is black, in the same way that many voted for McCain because he is white

You don't credit the voters with much sense.

However, if you DID credit the vote based on sense - Barrack Obama would still easily WIN :clap2:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Mau Mau Man.

It's the end of the "special relationship".

As for his race,that would be human.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I suppose there might be some deep significance in seeing a thread where people criticize someone for not being "100% black" only 70 years after some were gassed for having a little too much mixed blood in them. Not sure I can explain it though.

And I wonder which 'restroom' he would have used on the family trip to the Cape in the seventies?
apartheid.gif

Was having this discussion with a few NSCers last night before the game

We came to the conclusion that this is why he isnt truly accepted by a lot of people as he is mixed race. Like Tiger Woods and Lewis Hamilton will never be fully accepted as black, or accepted as white.

You're right in saying Tiger Woods will never be accepted as white considering he is negroid/oriental.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Stan Collymore on Talksport was talking this through tonight - He says that 'Mixed Race' is a legal definition of someone, and was mightly upset that B.O was being described as USofA first Black President, in the media.

Cited Rio Ferdinand, Daley Thompson and loads of others as mixed race, and proud to be as much white as they are black.

I don't know what the end result was, but was an interesting view point at least..

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Isn't it the LAW in America that the President has to have some Irish ancestry?

There must be a pub somewhere in deepest County Kerry that, even as we speak, is planning a party to celebrate the success of the latest local boy to make it to the White House.

Considering there's only been one Catholic president in the history of America i'd say no.

It's actually the Huguenot's who have had the biggest influence on US presidents.

Think it's like 1/3rd of all US presidents are from their lines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here