Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What race do you consider Barack Obama to be?

What race do YOU consider Barack Obama to be?

• Black

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • White

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Mixed

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • Fence

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Isn't it the LAW in America that the President has to have some Irish ancestry?

There must be a pub somewhere in deepest County Kerry that, even as we speak, is planning a party to celebrate the success of the latest local boy to make it to the White House.

You mean that he isn't Irish with a name like Barry O'Bama?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Mixed race, or as my mate put it a coffee kid.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What race do you consider him to be?

What a perfectly silly question.

What does our opinion have anything to do with it? He is Dual Heritage. Our opinion or this pointless poll will not alter that.

His race is of little importance anyway. to paraphrase Hicks, If he had gills and a trunk that may be unusual but it makes no real differance. Now America has a Dual heritage puppet in office instead of a redneck. Is that supposed to impress us? Now it's presidents of both races I don't listen to.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Human

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
, If he had gills and a trunk that may be unusual but it makes no real differance. .

I'm sorry Nibble, but that's plainly nonsense.

Of course that would make a real difference. For a start, if he had to spend his whole life underwater in order to breathe, then it would make his interaction with other world leaders very problematic.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's factually incorrect to call him America's first 'black' president.
Also they keep having random black celebrities to comment on it when in reality he's racially as close to me as he is to them. It just goes to show, as BAG has said, that appearence counts for everything. Watching BBC news for the last hour, no-one has mentioned about it being a good thing to have a democrat in charge, it's all about having a 'black' man in charge.

Does it matter ? He's way too black for the low life ignorant bigots there and I won't be the least bit surprised if he's dead before the end of his term.
At the end of the day he's not McCain and even more importantly, he's not George Bush.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Of course that would make a real difference. For a start, if he had to spend his whole life underwater in order to breathe, then it would make his interaction with other world leaders very problematic.

Ahh but if he ran again at least he'd be more likely to get the floating voters.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Apologies, I didn't phrase that so well, I meant that him being black makes no difference to me. Probably will to others. The gill thing caused some confusion.

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Not at all. The majority of world leaders are pondlife. They'd get on BRILLIANTLY.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
My point was coming from a far more positive place than yours!!!

On the news, there are so many people who said that they never thought they'd see a mixed race person, let alone a black person in office. I really think that this is a sign of change, that the 'deep south racist hillbilly' type that we percieve run the States no longer have the power in America. This may sound overly cheesy, but I really think that America has finally accepted people no matter what their colour. It's a massive massive step forwards - as of course is that a Democrat president will be in office is a big thing!
I agree that this is a massive step in the right direction, although I think we'll know that skin colour really didn't play a part in the result when all of the discussion is like your post below, rather than the one above. Hoefully that will be the case one day, but I doubt it will in my lifetime.

(I still thin that 'black' is a factually incorrect description though :p)

I think so, his policies were strong, and his rhetoric was very strong. His speeches made people listen - and his campaign revolved around the concept of change, where McCain seemed to want to just go backwards, such as his promises to ban abortion, to block gay rights, and his speeches about going for Iran. McCain would have just been another 4 years with Bush, but with a woman who was almost more dangerous as VP.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I consider him to be winner of the race to the White House. END OF.

:clap2::yahoo::clap2::yahoo::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here