Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What one thing would you change at the Amex ?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
A small zoo and petting area:eek: during the game for all the kids in the east upper who are bored. Then all their dads can fecking-swear-shout-scream-jump up and down like me:wink:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
A small zoo and petting area:eek: during the game for all the kids in the east upper who are bored. Then all their dads can fecking-swear-shout-scream-jump up and down like me:wink:

petting - definition of petting by the Free Online Dictionary ...

petting - definition of petting by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

The act or practice of amorously embracing, kissing, and caressing one's partner. ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms. Noun, 1. petting ...
:eek: in the Family stand

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'm not sure what they could have done with the North stand, given the orientation of the stadium and the various the architects had to deal with to get the bloody thing built in the first place (contouring it with the land, for example). But it's a shame we haven't got a bloody great Kop-type thing behind the goal.

I think we've had this discussion before and that, together with safe standing, is what came out comfortably on top of what people thought. Terracing is never going to happen though, even if the clubs themselves want it.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Get the running track back.

Hard to do: - Bigger North and safe Standing
Easy to do : Tables around the pillars on the concourses so we have somewhere to rest our beer whilst easting pie and holding program and dealing with kids
No Brainer: Make the trains 12 coaches long. Have the front 6 stop, then move the train forward to the rear six can load. A well timed train will clear virtually any back long in one go if loaded right.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Roof heaters and escalators - they have them at the Bernabeu and sitting way up there on a cold February night watching them dismantle Vallodolid 7-0 was a deeply warming and pleasurable experience. They didn't sell Bovril though!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Easy to do : Tables around the pillars on the concourses so we have somewhere to rest our beer whilst easting pie and holding program and dealing with kids.

Genius, simple, cheap, much-needed and doubtless utterly out of the question because of some lunatic stupid Health and Safety legislation.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm always slightly surprised how unfinished, and grey, the Amex looks from some TV angles. I sit in the East (Family Stand) and have a great view of the magnificent West Stand, so my view is pretty awesome.

Once the north corners are filled in, the 1901 wrap-around is done and the extra seats above the South are completed, I think it's going to be pretty special.

The finishing touches like the Seagulls badges and AIC logos have improved the overall look, as has the Stand or Fall banner.

Like everyone else I'd love the North to be a lot bigger but we know why it had to be that way, and that there's no chance of it changing. But if the corners take on a "North mentality" it should improve volume levels and the singing could also spread to the East and West stands more naturally.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Dicks Bar should have more mementos hanging from the ceilings and walls-----the odd palace supporter would do for a start:)---------only joking:wink: A few of their wooden seats would be a start:ffsparr:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Heaters good....a lot of fans were going to the Loo to use the hot air drier to warm their hands,,,but a must is a dark beer,if not a guinness then a Murphy's or a Harveys Sussex Stout....not everyone drinks lager or light beer....pay attention catering managers...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here