Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What one thing would you change at the Amex ?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
have something fun at half time like the those big balls things or penalty shootout between 5 brighton fans and 5 away fans

Oh my Christ. That's torn it...they'll be doing that now.

Go back to the withdean option, get atilla to do a half time set of obscure shit from the early eighties or Fatboy and Peter Ward to give out some stickers to disabled kiddies?

We could always ask Harty to do his famous vox pops as you're trying to have a slash or share a friendly cubicle ( a la the Sportsman) with 3 other gentlemen with an interest in Bolivian marching powder.

I'd feel much more at home then.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Nothing. Not a thing. Not one thing. Nichts. Rien. Nada.

oh my christ. That's torn it...they'll be doing that now.

Go back to the withdean option, get atilla to do a half time set of obscure shit from the early eighties or fatboy and peter ward to give out some stickers to disabled kiddies?

We could always ask harty to do his famous vox pops as you're trying to have a slash or share a friendly cubicle ( a la the sportsman) with 3 other gentlemen with an interest in bolivian marching powder.

I'd feel much more at home then.

certainly don't want attila playing his early 80's new romantic stuff:facepalm:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sack the staff that cannot add up 3 x fosters+ 1 cider = £3.90 no wonder we losing money my mate thought it was nice as was his big 50 he was concerned how long it was taking to get served. ESU

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Extra 10 rows on the South and North stands.
Larger Bar with pool tables and massive capacity, be good for non match day revenue too.
Huge Pub on site but not part of the stadium with a smoking area, would be packed with students all week too.
Awnings on the outside of the stadium with seats and benches served by outdoor bars.
Boxes available on a match by match basis.
Features, highlights interviews and perhaps lunchtime kick off on the big screen with audio tranmitted through FM so you pick it up through radios-smartphones.
More seating and shelves in the concourses.
Giant retractable projector screen that pulls down from east stand so viewed from the west to show Away matches and even films on non match days.

Most of these are ridiculous but just my crazy thoughts.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I want Richie to announce the team sheet in such a fashion

Richie: "Number 9, Ashley..."
Crowd: "BARNES!"

I also want basketball styled chanting :

"Defence (defence)
Hustle (hustle)"

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Better stewarding to remove all the part-time fans who only turn up for a portion of the game and leave their seats early. Just to make sure once they are out of their seats to leave that they actually leave and not stand in front of everyone else while walking up the stairs to carry on watching, once your up and leaving, just bloody leave, please! And come on stewards, you should be keeping them moving!! If your one of these part time fans anyway why should you be worried about missing something when you decide to abandon your seat on 85 mins?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Taking the idea one step further from someones comments, with our soon to be improved wifi system, how about a pre half time drinks ordering system, over your phone, maybe even an app, put in your order, pay for it using your prepay card and get there to pick up your stuff, staff have it ready and waiting, no queues and straight back to your seat in time for 2nd half??

Are you an employee looking for some feedback? Somebody i know who has a rather vague connection to the club told me that they were trying to introduce something like this. It sounded like garbage at the time, but now i've heard it a second time perhaps there's some substance to the idea. Can't see how it would work (the drinks collection aspect, the ordering and payment bit would be easy) but i think it would be a winner if it was somehow introduced.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
But that would have to be maintained and repainted every season, costing more money, pushing prices up further...

I'd like a retractable roof. Or some more tables in the East Stand concourse.

Having looked at St.Marys I think it is covering rather than paint. Looks a lot smarter.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Chilled beer baths. Dunno if you've seen them but they are chilled units, like chest freezers in dimension, full of beer. You take a pint glass and dip it in, reducing the time you have to wait for a pint to about 3 seconds. They use them at quite a lot of functions now.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I want Richie to announce the team sheet in such a fashion

Richie: "Number 9, Ashley..."
Crowd: "BARNES!"

I also want basketball styled chanting :

"Defence (defence)
Hustle (hustle)"

No. No you don't.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Having looked at St.Marys I think it is covering rather than paint. Looks a lot smarter.

Fair enough. In which case, bring it on. Maybe each step could be sponsored, help bring down that £8 mill debt a bit.

In all seriousness, the place looks a hell of a lot better than it did last season, so I'm guessing certain will continue to be a bit of 'work in progress'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here