Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What one thing would you change about football?

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
I'd scale every single money related thing down by at least half.....thatd make it more affordable for everyone, and make players wages a bit more realistic, with the top players still able to earn massive money

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCAR4ZD6G.jpg
Agreed.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
4 years between World Cups is far too long
Not sure how it could be implemented but the cream of World Football should be playing each other in competition football far more regularly

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Like in rugby and hockey, yellow cards have a direct effect on that game and a 10 / 15 minute sin bin and not a ban in later games.

Would stop diving, time wasting, dissent / back chat and basically make the game flow quicker.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Retrospective bans for diving.

Goal-line technology with a 10-15 second limit for reviewing footage, enough for the fans to go "OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Sack Blatter.

2-5 match bans for straight red cards, depending on their severity.

7 subs for lower league teams again.

Safe standing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ref to conduct post game TV analysis to allow diving/fiegning injury to be given cards, possibly allow rescinding of cards (bit trickier, the effects been made, so refs would be inclinded to stick to their original decision). i dont mind wrong or even bad decisions, after all it gives drama and fills column inches, but i detest cheating.

also, change the offside rule so its simple, like it used to be. none of this interfering with play or phase of play crap, you are offside if your past the last defender.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Goal would be disallowed pending tribunal.

If a goal resulted in a match being won 1-0 yet for example Zaha dived and there is tv evidence then it would be hauled before a tribunal. If its deemed a tv then the goal is discounted and score set at 0-0.

I'm sorry but that is an absolutely ridiculous idea. Goals can completely change the way a game goes and both teams' tactics and approach to the rest of the game. You can't just chalk them off afterwards.

By all means ban the diver for 5 games though.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
7 subs is a definate just for football manager and of course more options but who really cares about that

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If video evidence is unequivocal then any player guilty of diving or cheating in any way should be banned for 12 months minimum. My theory here is that if that was the punishment, then one would expect clubs would put clauses into players contracts stating that if you're banned for 12 months wouldn't get their £120k a week, overnight you have a 100% end to cheating. No player is going to throw away his multi million pound a year golden goose for the sake of a dive.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Introduce a play off system into the Premier League to decide the Champions League places, under the first two places places.

How many qualify 4 ? (that's how much interest I pay....)

Give the third spot to the winners of the play off and the fourth to the FA Cup winners to revitalise that competition.

This would help control the perpetual success that qualification and the money from TV rights brings.

We don't give the winner of the hundred metres a 10 metre start the next, but we are quite happy to do it in football.

"but we finished 3rd" boo, hoo, hoo.

Yeah, but you finished second last year and went into a competition for "Champions".

God, I'd wish they would do this. It would really help to mix it up a bit up there.

Last edited:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Disagree with previous post re offside. Tell lino's to only flag for totally blatant/obvious offsides everything else, play on, effect, more goals, more excitement, less controversy, potentially, less draws.
CMS probably notch 30 goals for The Albion next term. 😄Happy Days!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
TV ref, that can give retrospective bans, either during a match or after:
Diving for a penatly - if discovered on the day, no goal & red card - if discovered after, up to 8 match ban (a player has to appeal for penalty in order to be awarded it, so no mistakes)
Pretending you got hit, to get someone sent off - if discovered on the day, red card & 3 match ban - if discovered after, up to 8 match ban, f***ing jokers.
Scoring a Thierry Henry/Diego Maradona handball goal - if discovered on the day, no goal & red card - if discovered after, up to 8 match ban
TV ref would also decide if ball crossed line, goal was offside.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Disagree with previous post re offside. Tell lino's to only flag for totally blatant/obvious offsides everything else, play on, effect, more goals, more excitement, less controversy, potentially, less draws.
= no offside trap = different game where big forwards wait near the goalie for the ball to be hoofed to them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here