Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What makes you feel like a DAD ?

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Later this month I'll be driving to the other side of this great county of ours to sit for the best part of a day in a hot, stuffy, stale sweat smelling, crowded hall with lots of other parents all equally over-joyed to be there, watching my daughter take part in a Gymnastics comp. She's only there for the fun, and may or may not win a medal in the 'general' gymnastics class. Now THAT will make me feel like a proper Dad :D

Uckfield? Me too.

What makes me a dad? Having Kids I s'pose.
(and not being the strict one!)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
getting a card off my son saying thank you for supporting him and for giving him so much to pass on to his son

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
right now i am lying on the bed cuddling my four month old daughter after feeding her milk. Makes me feel like a dad.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Doing a lot of the stuff mentioned already - though M.B's classic is more than I dare - and FINALLY getting a Dads Day card from both miniwombats..............

and being rewarded with a signed Bob Dylan print,framed and ready to hang ,with cert of authenticity and all.

OK,I know mrswombat paid for it,but its the thought that counts,eh?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I never had a father around and hence went without a lot of the basic stuff as a kid. This taught me to value things and get on regardless of situations, getting on nicely now but never get fed up when the kids ask me to tell them about how things were and all the crazy stuff I used to get up to when I was their age......................................and letting them beat me at board games etc.:D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If i have a child i intend to turn up drunk at a Parent-Teachers night, my face swelled and obscene, my trousers only half done-up, my head shaking at anything my wife might have to say, and my right eye, the one that works better, winking twitchingly at the music teacher two tables down whose breasts jiggle when glockenspieling instructively to a class of boys scraping words like ERIC SHUN with compasses on the desk so often due for change. I'd be asked to leave, but years later my son would like that i was fully foolish once.
:bowdown: Big BIG laughs. :D :D

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Definitely mending stuff. Whatever it is that gets broken (even if the missus is the one who's broken it) the phrase 'Daddy mend it' gets trotted out, in the voice that my eldest used to use when she was about 2 years old.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Walking in the front door after a hard day at work, hearing Mrs ELS say: "Daddy's home!" and then seeing little Jamie's face light up when I walk over and give him a kiss hello. Makes me melt every time and it's magic.

I can forgive all the sleepless nights because of that :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not getting any f***ing cards yesterday. Tight cNUTs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here