Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What makes you feel like a DAD ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I love it when that sort of thing happens. Qualla.

I too had a proud moment yesterday afternoon. My 6 year old son phoned me to tell me he'd just partaken in a 46 ball tennis rally. The teacher said nobody from his age group had rallied more than 30 in over twenty years of coaching. :clap2:

At last - a clay-court contender.

I put up a swing with attached baby seat for my six-month old daughter at the weekend. She loves it, and it hasn't fallen down yet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At last - a clay-court contender.

I put up a swing with attached baby seat for my six-month old daughter at the weekend. She loves it, and it hasn't fallen down yet.
Another dad-tastic effort there Tooting. My kids haven't stopped using the trampoline I put up 3 weeks ago. Mind you, nor have I. :cool:

Oh FFS! I'm gonna need a brain transplant before then ;)

In return, you have all the beauty of three kids doing kids things, developing differently, sharing.:lolol: the oldest (4) is "looking" after the baby at the mo

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
In return, you have all the beauty of three kids doing kids things, developing differently, sharing.:lolol: the oldest (4) is "looking" after the baby at the mo

I know, can't wait, really! Gotta say, I am absolutely LOVING being a dad! Jamie's changing every day, and we're really seeing his personality coming through now, cheeky little imp that he is :)

Fair enough. That's not patronising at all, I'm sure you're right. At the moment I enjoy things like football, cider, sex, driving at 100mph+, and daytime tv (!) but I imagine those things become a lot less important, and I can't imagine I'll be as bothered about any of them in ten years time. I may seem an obnoxious twat on this thread, but yeah, I'm happy to buy your idea that things will change big time.

Badger done all that!

I and also in my 40's the kids are 4, 2 and 7 months and add something else and meaning to my life.

I wish I was a lad a bit more, but reunions in Prague etc nearly make up for that.

Enjoy yourself now I certainly was, whatever your age (is).

LC

I know, can't wait, really! Gotta say, I am absolutely LOVING being a dad! Jamie's changing every day, and we're really seeing his personality coming through now, cheeky little imp that he is :)

Has old is he, something tells me (from posts in the past) around 18 months or is that a bit too much?

Lc

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Has old is he, something tells me (from posts in the past) around 18 months or is that a bit too much?

Lc

He's only six months old! But he is a big boy. I'm amazed how all his little 'mates' are developing so differently. All the NCT friends we made during the pregnancy have kids about the same age, but some of theirs already have three teeth! Jamie has no teeth, but can sit up on his own now. It's fabulous watching him change, it's just a shame I only really get to see him at weekends, cos it's bed time by the time I get home from work :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here