Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Makes Up The Perfect Burger

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
best burger i ever had was on the Great Ocean Road, Australia. pineapple and beetroot sliced with it. sounds crap and i can never persuade anyone to try it....:(.....but it's magic ! :thumbsup:

I go one better. Buy chuck from the butcher, grind it myself, minced onion,S&P,Worchester,tabasco. Bring the 6-7 oz patties to room temp before grilling.Make sure the que is hot, grill one side three minutes,then the other three minutes,never play with them or double flip.Garnish with,lettuce,garden tomatees,sliced kosher pickles,slice of stilton,and HP sauce. Marvelous!

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I started making my own burgers a few years ago and wouldn't dream of buying them ready made up (except maybe the butchers). Its so easy.

My favourites are:

Mexican Burger...
Red onion
Roasted red pepper
Fresh chili
paprika
cayenne pepper

And try this on for size...

Salmon Burgers
Salmon Fillets
Shallot
Fresh Basil Leaves
salt pepper, egg white, breadcrumbs

Served on lightly toasted ciabatta with a topping of rocket and a chilled bowl of mayo mixed with a little more chopped basil, lemon juice and garlic :drool:

I started making my own burgers a few years ago and wouldn't dream of buying them ready made up (except maybe the butchers). Its so easy.

My favourites are:

Mexican Burger...
Red onion
Roasted red pepper
Fresh chili
paprika
cayenne pepper

Salmon Burgers
Salmon Fillets
Shallot
Fresh Basil Leaves

Served on lightly toasted ciabatta with a topping of rocket and a chilled bowl of mayo mixed with a little more chopped basil, lemon juice and garlic :drool:

Not bad but I do fancy my lamb burgers with garlic, dijon and fresh tarragon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

My favourites are:

Mexican Burger...
Red onion
Roasted red pepper
Fresh chili
paprika
cayenne pepper

Salmon Burgers
Salmon Fillets
Shallot
Fresh Basil Leaves

Good stuff. Creative. I like your style.
You can bring your burgers to my barbie anytime.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ALSO for my homemade burgers with homegrown chillies I shall be making some Chilli Sauce & Chili Cooking Oil...for other foods without chillies of course otherwise it might be abit of an overload, its ALL about the Chillies this year!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
A great burger was had whilst watching a great game at the Euros, a marvellous Monday night all round :clap:

Slightly disappointed by the bread on offer in Sainos after 5pm, but some nice taste the difference roll, filled with streaky bacon, the homemade burger as posted before, gherkin, tomato, red onion, baby leaf salad, and a slight spreading of mayo and ketchup

Accompanied by some skinny fries and a PINT of Ribena

Good Times

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As for making your own burgers, you only need one ingredient really..

.. Minced Beef, plus salt and pepper.

Don't add egg or even worse breadcrumbs. The meat will quite happily bind together by itself.

I add a dash of Worcestershire Sauce.

If you want to add onion, make sure it is very finely chopped and fried (to soften in olive oil first), since raw onion will discolour the meat. Add the onion after it has cooled to the raw meat.

Best cooked on a very hot griddle or a fying pan with a metal handle you can stick in the oven to finish it off - you want a flame grilled taste, so best use the oven as well else you will set your fire alarm off.

Cook one side (it will smoke like f*ck), flip it over and finish it in the oven, if you like your burger thick.

Tips

1) Don't put oil in the pan - put the oil on the burger before putting it in a dry pan.

2) Buy the best lean mince you can get (or mince some meat yourself).

All the fat will run out of cheap mince so it's a false economy.

3) Remember to make your raw burger wider than the bun. The burger will shrink when cooked.

Lastly, best tip for burgers you will ever get...

4) To check you have the seasoning right, cook a small blob of the mixture first. Nothing worse than cooking the burgers then finding they are tasteless.

As for everything else, I would go for a nutty cheese that melts nicely like emmental (Chedder is rubbish for burgers)

Raw onion, lettuce, tomato and proper heinz ketchup.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No such thing as a perfect burger but the nearest I have come to it was from a burger bar in LA, can't remember the name but it is world famous for the fact that it has never closed since it was opened at the end of the 2nd World War. I am sure somebody will give me the name of it. Went there en route to Las Vegas to watch Lennox Lewis and David Tua fight.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
dere is dis restaurant who does fried eggs in burgers now dat i like you shoud try with bacon and cheese

61aliG.jpg

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Tarragon tip - blanch it very briefly and drain it very thoroughly before you use it raw. It takes the slightly metallic edge off (tip I was given by the magnificent philanderer John Burton Race).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here