Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Makes Up The Perfect Burger

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ha ha, come round and join me x

Would love to but got a birthday thing to go to at the Fountain Head tonight innit.

You could cook us dinner for James' birthday tomorrow though? :)

*Don'twanttomissoutonburgermasterclass*

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I recommend a visit to the butchers in Southwick Square. They offer a bewildering array of QUALITY burgers (lamb or beef) with various flavours. Their chilli-flavoured burgers are quite literally to DIE for, and are an absolute MAINSTAY of any barbecue action at my gaff.

ooohhh Chili Burgers you say, might have to pop down there and purchase some for myself!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You will NOT regret it Marc.
An oral treat if ever there was one.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
You will NOT regret it Marc.
An oral treat if ever there was one.

I'll have to pass yous some of my chilies later in the year for your home made burgers, cant WAIT to start all that again when those little fruits flourish!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
FACT, the best burgers are served at the Rising Sun at Nutbourne near Pulborough. Until you have tried them, you know not what the best burger is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
FACT, the best burgers are served at the Rising Sun at Nutbourne near Pulborough. Until you have tried them, you know not what the best burger is.

That is OPINION not FACT as well you know Mr Phil.

I'd put one of my Southwick Square barbecued butcher burgers from my own fair grill up against anything the Rising Sun has to offer, in a Gordon Ramsay-style COOK-OFF. And I'd be quietly CONFIDENT that my lightly-toasted bun, imaginatively seasoned meat, crispy lettuce, red onion, generous slice of mature english cheddar and spicy relish would WIN the day.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That is OPINION not FACT as well you know Mr Phil.

I'd put one of my Southwick Square barbecued butcher burgers from my own fair grill up against anything the Rising Sun has to offer, in a Gordon Ramsay-style COOK-OFF. And I'd be quietly CONFIDENT that my lightly-toasted bun, imaginatively seasoned meat, crispy lettuce, red onion, generous slice of mature english cheddar and spicy relish would WIN the day.

You know how it is, sometimes you get your facts mixed up with your opinions. On this occasion mine is a FACT, and yours is an OPINION, which is also WRONG* :p

Having said all that, I am rather keen to try one of these Southwick Square burgers, you do give a mouthwateringly good description for them, they sound rather delicious. It would also save me the need to go to the pub.

Do I need to wear camo gear and take my shotgun to ward off Southwick [toy] Soldiers? :hilton:

Is Southwick Square that shopping area just up from Southwick Station?

(*NB, I know opinions cannot be wrong)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

...haven't been in that pub for years, is it still full of yahs, ponces and the terminally workshy?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Make your own burgers - mince (and eggs yolk to bind the mince) and whatever else you fancy.

On s separate point - the french do not have mince as we know it. They mince up steak for you. It is all meat.

You do NOT have to put in egg yolk (or the other myth is that you need breadcrumbs to bind).

Any homemade burger will stay together as long as you chill it first (10 minutes in the freezer will do the trick.)

my favourite burger recipe is

mince,
onion
chopped fresh chilli
cumin
parsley,
oregano
salt/pepper
with a large piece of mozzarella in the middle that melts when cooked.

burger aside the rest has to be...

good bread (french, ciabbatta or bun - not fussy)
english mustard
gherkin
tomato
red onion
home made ketchup
big bowl of home made chips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here