Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Makes Up The Perfect Burger

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Right Mateys,

I feel like making a nice burger and chips to with tonights Euro serving of soccertainment.

What fillings make up the perfect burger? Thinking it has to include streaky bacon and maybe a mild cheddar, possible some gherkin action

I need inspiration for tonights cheffing extravaganza and trip round Saino's

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fried onions. MUST have fried onions.
Or a few rings of raw RED onion will give it a nice crunch and a bit of flavour.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I went to a chum's BBQ yesterday and have concluded the following:

1) Don't skimp on the cost of the pattie.
2) Top it with Chilli & Jalapeno relish, as it really is THE DADDY.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm having burgers too Brett! I shall be using PITTA bread.

I'm my BURGER I shall be having CHEESE and BACON and ONION and LETTUCE.

I'm SO hungry.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The burger itself is of PARAMOUNT importance of course. Theres no point getting your fancy buns, fresh crispy veg and exotic relishes if you're slapping a frozen Birds Eye quarter-pounder in it, cos it'll still be SHIZER.

I recommend a visit to the butchers in Southwick Square. They offer a bewildering array of QUALITY burgers (lamb or beef) with various flavours. Their chilli-flavoured burgers are quite literally to DIE for, and are an absolute MAINSTAY of any barbecue action at my gaff.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I can only go on what Sainsburys has to offer, unless there is a butchers on the scummy bit we know as London Road. Guess I could try Somerfield

Max - PITTA Bread, are you SURE??

Yes, I'm sure. I'm going to have to go to Saino's too you know, just realised there is a lack of ingrediants at home. Bugger.

I like using pitta bread as much as I can, it's not good to eat too much bread.

My new bbq favourite, btw, is a nice big field mushroom with a slice of shit processed cheese (melted), some rocket and some humous in a small pitta. It's ruddy lovely.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Make your own burgers - mince (and eggs yolk to bind the mince) and whatever else you fancy.

On s separate point - the french do not have mince as we know it. They mince up steak for you. It is all meat.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The sainsburys best mature chedder & garden herb burgers are tip top brestt as are the chilli burger they currently have in their bar b range. of course you could always get some chuck & make your own burger

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
1) Don't skimp on the cost of the pattie.
2) Top it with Chilli & Jalapeno relish, as it really is THE DADDY.

Nothing worse than cheap burgers that are made of shit cuts, I simply won't eat them! Burgers should always be fresh, not frozen and preferably homemade (its really not difficult)

That said, I went to a mates BBQ the other week and he used a fresh 10 pack of 1/4lb burgers from Asda that cost a fiver and they were very decent.

Best burger in my book:

Homemade patty with chopped onions and steakhouse pepper seasoning
Lightly grilled chunk of Ciabatta (just enough to be bigger than the burger) with a thin spread of mayo
2 slices of well cooked streaky bacon (although more recently i've got very partial to using sliced Chorizo instead)
Sprinkling of grated Cheddar (medium or strong - NEVER mild)
5 or 6 fried onion hoops
Burger relish (NOT ketchup)

I am now very HUNGRY! :rant:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Right Mateys,

I feel like making a nice burger and chips to with tonights Euro serving of soccertainment.

What fillings make up the perfect burger? Thinking it has to include streaky bacon and maybe a mild cheddar, possible some gherkin action

I need inspiration for tonights cheffing extravaganza and trip round Saino's

I am sure bhaexpress can knock you up one pretty quick, he has five michelan stars for doing it i beleive, or something like that.:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here